|Directed by||Nitai Palit|
|Produced by||Dhira Biswal|
|Written by||Amulya Kumari Patnaik|
|Music by||Upendra Kumar|
|Edited by||Ramesh Joshi|
Progressive Films Productions
|Distributed by||Progressive Films Productions|
Dharitri is an Odia social satire drama released on 30 March 1973. It is based on Amulya Kumari Patnaik's novel in the same name. Sarat Pujari, Prashant Nanda, Sriram Panda, Parbati Ghosh and Dhira Biswal acted in key roles.
Girish Choudhury is a pseudo social activist and politician. He has two sons, Subhendu and Sudhir. To get popularity in society he gets his daughter-in-law from a poor family for his son Subhendu. Subhendu doesn't like his wife Mamata and stays in town and engaged in contracting business with the help of his father. Grish's wife always tortures Mamata and ask for dowry. Mamata silently bears all the pain and torture caused by her mother-in-law. Sudhir, a revolutionist doesn't accept the things happens in his house and revolt back against his father, mother and brother. at last he gets success uniting Subhendu and Mamata.
- Sarat Pujari ... Subhendu Choudhury
- Bhanumati Devi ... Girish's wife
- Prashant Nanda ... Rabi
- Sriram Panda ... Sudhir Choudhury
- Dhira Biswal ... Girish Choudhury
- Parbati Ghosh ... Mamata
- Sandhya Acharya ... Ketaki
- Bhim Singh ... Braja
- Govind Tej ... Usha's father
- Shyamalendu Bhattacharjee ... Sudhir's friend
- Dinabandhu Das ... Murali
- Babaji Sahu ... Mamu
- Narendra Behera ... Sudhir's friend
- Aneema Pedini ... Ragini
- Alpana Nayak ... Usha
The Music for the film is composed by Upendra Kumar
|Pirati Tora Duru Juhara||Brundaban Jena||Chita Ranjan Jena, Sipra Bose|
|Prananatha Naileta Jibana Hari||Sibabrata Das||Sipra Bose|
|Sapanara Pathe Pathe||Sibabrata Das||Sikandar Alam|
|Swargadapi Gariyasi Janani Maa Dharitri||Sibabrata Das||Shyamal Mitra|
|Mohan He Mohan||Narayan Prasad Singh||Nirmla Misra|
|Barambar Dele Parichaya||Narayan Prasad Singh||Sikandar Alam, Sipra Bose|
- "Released by Year » Year 1973". Odia Movie Database.
- "Dharitri". IncredibleOrissa.
- "Dharitri (Odia Movie: 1973)". musepaper.
- K. Moti Gokulsing, Wimal Dissanayak. Routledge Handbook of Indian Cinemas (p-67). Routledge, United Kingdom.
- "Film : Dharitri". OdiaMusic.
- "Sikander Alam sings 'Sapanara Pathe Pathe...' in Odia Movie 'Dharitri'(1973)". odia melody.
- "Shyamal Mitra sings 'Swargadapi Gariyasi...' in Odia Movie 'Dharitri'(1973)". odia melody.
- "Chitta Jena & Sipra Bose sings 'Pirati Tora..' in Odia Movie 'Dharitri'(1973)". odia melody.
- Careers Digest: A Journal of Careers, Competitions, and Current Affairs, Volume 13. Carrier Digest.
- Sambit Prakash Dash. Orissa reference: glimpses of Orissa (p-164). TechnoCAD Systems, 2001.
|This article about an Odia film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|