|Founded||United Kingdom, 2002|
DiGiCo's most current console lineup comprises the SD-Series of consoles, powered by Stealth Digital Processing. Pioneered with their flagship SD7, Stealth Digital Processing describes DiGiCo's first use of a single large scale FPGA for audio processing. Combined with Tiger SHARC DSP chips for effects processing and control, this new technology allows an entire audio engine to occupy only a single PCB.
The SD7 continues to be the flagship of the range, with consoles derived from it targeting other market areas and sizes of application. Currently the rest of the range comprises the SD5, SD10, SD8, SD9 and rack-mountable SD11, listed in order of size. T (Theatre) and B (Broadcast) software is also available for selected consoles.
The use of a flexible FPGA processing engine allows dedicated software to be written, to further refine the consoles features and operation for specific applications. The SD7, SD10 and SD9 are available with the optional theatre upgrade package, with the SD7, SD5, SD10, SD9 and SD11 having the option of a broadcast package.
Legacy DiGiCo consoles include the D1 and D5 Live platforms, as well as the D5T theatre console and DS00 studio production and broadcast console. The D-Series of consoles used a modular DSP engine, combining multiple SHARC DSP chips to form a large scale audio engine, still the method by which virtually all digital console manufacturers design their products.
In January 2016, DiGiCo announced "Stealth Core2", an upgrade to release additional processing from the audio core of the SD series of consoles.
As of May 2016, DiGiCo's line up of consoles consist of:
Listed in size order.
- SD7 (Flagship Console) (Broadcast and Theatre Software Variations Available)
- SD5 (Broadcast and 5CS (MADI only) versions available)
- SD10 (Broadcast and Theatre Software Variations Available) (Also available in smaller form factor (SD10-24)
- SD8 (Also available in smaller form factor (SD8-24)
- SD9 (Broadcast and Theatre Software Variations Available)
- SD11 (Broadcast and "i" Software Variations Available) (SD11i has 40 Flexi channels instead of 32 (Inc. 8 Flexi))
As of May 2016, DiGiCo's line up of racks consist of:
- SD Rack
- SD-Mini Rack
- SD-Nano Rack
- Waves SoundGrid
- SD-RE Rack (Redundant engine for SD10)
- RR-PSU (Low Noise Remote power supply for the SD Range)
- EX-007 (Fader Expansion for SD7)
DiGiCo's consoles have been used on many Musical Theatre Productions; on tour, on Broadway and on the West-end.
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- "DiGiCo Announces Future Release Of Stealth Core2 For Complete SD Range And A New SD5cs System". DiGiCo - Digital Mixing Consoles. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- "DiGiCo Consoles: Livesound Broadcast Theatre". www.digico.biz. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
- "DiGiCo SD 11 Comparison Chart". 08/5/2016. Check date values in:
- "DiGiCo Racks and Options". www.digico.biz. Retrieved 2016-05-08.
|This sound technology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|