|President of Indian Merchants' Chamber|
|Children||3; 1 stepdaughter|
|Parents||Digambar P Dandekar (father)|
|Relatives||Dnyaneshwar Agashe (cousin-in-law)|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Occupation||Chairman, managing director|
Dilip Dandekar was the chairman and managing director of Kokuyo Camlin Ltd., taking office from June 1, 2002. He joined Camlin Ltd. as a management trainee under his father, D. P. Dandekar and uncle, G. P. Dandekar, who were the founders of the company (initially known as Dandekar and Co.).
Dilip Dandekar was born the son of Digambar Dandekar, co-founder of Camlin Ltd. and member of the entrepreneurial and aristocratic, Chitpavan brahmin Dandekar family. Dandekar's uncle, G. P. Dandekar was the other co-founder of the company. Dandekar has one older brother, Subhash who served as executive chairman of Camlin until his retirement in 2002.
He later remarried Smita Dandekar (née Soman) in 1998. She has one daughter from her previous marriage.
Dilip Dandekar joined Camlin Ltd. as management trainee and became executive director of the company in 1979. He took charge as chairman and managing director from June 1, 2002. This was following the retirement of his brother, Subhash Dandekar, from the post of Executive Chairman after a period of 43 years. Dandekar served as a Vice President of Indian Merchants' Chambers and now serves as the Non Executive Chairman of Camlin Fine Sciences Ltd. (formerly, Camlin Fine Chemicals Ltd) and has been its Director since June 2006. Dandekar served as a Joint Managing Director of Kokuyo Camlin Limited. from June 1, 2002 to February 1, 2013.
He has served as the chairman of Camlin Limited since June 1, 2002. Under him, in May 2011, Kokuyo S&T Company Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan's Kokuyo Company Ltd acquired a controlling stake in Camlin Ltd from the Dandekar family. The name of the company was changed to Kokuyo Camlin Ltd.
Dilip Dandekar also serves as director to companies Indo Schottle Auto Parts Pvt. Ltd., Nilmac Packaging Industries Ltd. and Camlin International Ltd. He is a member of the executive committee of the Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is the President of Indian Merchants’ Chamber and on the governing board of Bombay First and the ICFAI Business School.
He is also on the Board of Datamatics Global Services as an Independent Director.
- "Stocks". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- indiainfoline.com. "Mr. Dilip Dandekar, Chairman & Managing Director, Camlin Ltd". Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- CNBC TV18. "Camlin Growth - Mr. Dilip Dandekar" – via YouTube.
- "Camlin prepares to induct next generation - Livemint". www.livemint.com. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- ET Now. "Interview of Mr. Dilip Dandekar - ET Now" – via YouTube.
- "Businessmen". kokanastha.com.
- Kamath, M. V.; Gogaṭe, Bāḷakr̥shṇa Mahādeva (1 January 1991). The Makings of a Millionaire: A Tribute to a Living Legend, Raosaheb B.M. Gogte, Industrialist, Philanthropist & Educationist. Jaico Publishing House. p. 10 – via Google Books.
He married Nalini (nee Lele) and they have a daughter, Anjali, who is married to Dilip Dandekar of Camlin India
- Jain, Gautam Raj; Ansari, M. Akbar; India, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of (1 January 1988). Self-made impact making entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India. p. 32 – via Google Books.
Mr. Dilip D. Dandekar, Subhash's younger brother, joined Camlin on 1 January 1970 and ably assisted him in production and marketing functions of the Art material division.
- Business India. A. H. Advani. 11 March 2017. p. 80.
- "Board and Committees". Archived from the original on 12 June 2018. Retrieved 11 February 2017.
- Business India. A. H. Advani. 11 March 2017. p. 10.
- "Japan's Kokuyo to buy Camlin in Rs366cr deal - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 October 2016.
- "Japan's Kokuyo to buy majority stake in Camlin". Rediff. 2 May 2011.
- Business India. A. H. Advani. 11 March 2017. p. 97.
- "Japan's Kokuyo to buy Camlin in Rs366cr deal". Times of India. 31 May 2011.
- Indian Food Industry. The Association. 1 January 1991. p. 21 – via Google Books.
Nilmac Packaging Industries Ltd, promoted by Mr Dilip Dandekar, Director of Camlin Ltd, recently went on stream for the manufacture of aluminium collapsible tubes.
- "Niraj Bajaj, Dilip Dandekar elected to IMC Managing Committee". Zee News. 10 March 2003.
- "Kokuyo Camlin Ltd (KOCL.BO)". Reuters.