February 3, 1983 |
Ust-Kamenogorsk, Kazakh SSR,
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)|
|Schwenninger Wild Wings
San Jose Sharks
HC Vityaz Podolsk
|NHL Draft||107th overall, 2001
San Jose Sharks
Dimitri Andreevich Pätzold (Russian: Дми́трий Андре́евич Пе́тцольд; born February 3, 1983) is a Soviet-born German professional ice hockey goaltender currently playing for Schwenninger Wild Wings of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL). He has also played in the Kontinental Hockey League. Due to his Russian German descent he also holds Russian citizenship.
Patzold was drafted 107th overall in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft by the San Jose Sharks. His previous professional teams include Kölner Haie, Adler Mannheim, the San Jose Sharks (with their AHL teams the Cleveland Barons and later the Worcester Sharks), ERC Ingolstadt and the Straubing Tigers. Dimitri also represented the Team Germany at the 2007, 2008, 2009 IIHF World Championship and the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver, British Columbia.
After playing with the Straubing Tigers, Pätzold signed a contract with the Hannover Scorpions on April 12, 2011. With the forfeit of the Scorpions DEL license two years later, Pätzold join the newcoming Schwenninger Wild Wings to remain in the DEL on August 5, 2013.
- "Dimitri Pätzold". Schwenninger Wild Wings. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- "Dimitri Pätzold". Deutsche Eishockey Liga. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- "Dimitri Patzold". Kontinental Hockey League. Retrieved 2013-11-19.
- Patsold Dmitry goaltender Vityaz Chekhov 03.02.1983 Russia
- "Five new players for the 2011/12 season" (in German). Hannover Scorpions. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Patzold is number one in Schwenningen". Schwenninger Wild Wings. 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2013-08-05.