|Full name||Dimitrios Chasiotis|
27 June 1986 |
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb)|
Dimitrios Chasiotis (Greek: Δημήτρης Χασιώτης; born June 27, 1986) is a Greek former swimmer, who specialized in backstroke events. He represented his nation Greece at the 2008 Summer Olympics, and also swam for Olympiacos in Athens.
Chasiotis competed as part of the Greek swimming squad in the men's 200 m backstroke at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. Three months before the Games, he smashed both a national record on a bodysuit and a FINA B-cut of 1:59.95 at the Akropolis Grand Prix in Athens, clipping off a previous standard from former Olympian Antonios Gkioulmpas by a few seconds. Chasiotis rounded out the field to last place and thirty-sixth overall in heat three of the evening prelims with 2:02.30, just two seconds slower than his entry time.
- "Dimitrios Chasiotis". Beijing 2008. Archived from the original on 16 September 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2016.
- "Dimitrios Chasiotis". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- Ο Χασιώτης πάει Πεκίνο με σπουδαίο πανελλήνιο ρεκόρ στα 20μ. [Chasiotis goes to Olympics by smashing the national record in the 200m back] (in Greek). In.gr. 10 May 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
- "Olympic Cut Sheet – Men's 200m Backstroke" (PDF). Swimming World Magazine. p. 25. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Swimming: Men's 200m Backstroke – Heat 3". Beijing 2008. NBC Olympics. Archived from the original on 21 August 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- Κολύμβηση (200μ. ύπτιο ανδρών): Στην 35η θέση ο Χασιώτης [Swimming (200m backstroke): Chasiotis finished in the 35th position] (in Greek). Naftemporiki.gr. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 12 January 2015.
|This biographical article related to a Greek swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|