Dira Yulianti Sugandi is an Indonesian singer and actress. She was born in Bandung, West Java on July 29, 1979 into a family with a strong singing tradition (both her mother and grandmother were singers). She began her singing career as a vocal performance major in the Music Department at Pelita Harapan, earning her bachelor's degree in 2006. She has performed with many Indonesian groups and musicians, such as SOULMATE, Maestro Big Band, Rieka Roslan, SOVA, Imam Praz Quartet, ARAB Jazz, and the Pelita Harapan University Big Band and with foreign musicians such as Incognito in Bandung, Surabaya, Makassar, Medan (2002) and in Bali, Singapore, Jakarta (2006) and with Keith Martin in Bandung (2005), and with the Yellowjackets in Jakarta and Bandung (2006). In 2009, she was awarded the Indonesian Young Jazz Talent Award at the Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival where she sang a song called Lucky in a duet with American singer, Jason Mraz.
Her debut album “Something About the Girl” was produced by Incognito‘s Jean-Paul Maunick a.k.a. Bluey and was released in 2010 in the UK, Japan and Indonesia. The album features 12 songs, primarily in English, with two cuts in Indonesian including "Kami Cinta Indonesia" (We love Indonesia) written by Harry Roesli.
In December 2010, she acted in the musical version of the film "Laskar Pelangi" which was shown at Taman Ismail Marzuki Fine Arts Center in Jakarta, sharing the role of the teacher, Muslimah, along with two other actresses, Lea Simanjuntak and Ekadeli.
- Something About the Girl
- Kurniasari, Triwik (5 December 2010). "Dira Sugandi: In touch with acting". Jakarta Post.
- "Dira J. Sugandi". Artist Profile. Jakarta International Java Jazz Festival. Archived from the original on 2012-04-25. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Kurniawan, Riandy; Fadhly, Muhammad “Petto”; Ramadhana, Fardhani (April 30, 2011). "Kampoeng Jazz 2011: Sabrina, Dira Sugandi". Jazzuality.com. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Messakh, Matheos Viktor (6 June 2009). "Dira J. Sugandi, WHAT A GIRL WANTS". Jakarta Post.
- "Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli mesmerizes Jakarta audience". Jakarta Post. 15 May 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-09-29.
- "Daftar Pemenang Anugerah Musik Indonesia 2011" [List of Anugerah Musik Indonesia Winners 2011]. Jak 101 FM. Archived from the original on 16 July 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.