Taman Ismail Marzuki
|Taman Ismail Marzuki (En: Ismail Marzuki Hall)|
Teater Jakarta (Jakarta Theatre), a performing art building in Jakarta Art and Cultural Center Taman Ismail Marzuki (TIM).
|Type||performing arts, exhibition hall, gallery, archive building, and cinema.|
|Location||Central Jakarta, Indonesia, Indonesia|
|Address||Cikini Raya Street 37, Jakarta|
|Town or city||Jakarta|
|Inaugurated||10 November 1968|
|Seating capacity||1.240 persons|
Pusat Kesenian Jakarta Taman Ismail Marzuki or popularly known as Taman Ismail Marzuki (abbreviated "TIM") is an art and cultural center located in jalan Cikini Raya 73, Central Jakarta, Indonesia. Also within this complex stood Jakarta Art Institute and Jakarta Planetarium. TIM has six modern theatres for performing arts, exhibition hall, gallery, archive building, and cinema.
Cultural performances often took place in this Jakarta's cultural center such as dance, drama and music performances, poetry reading, painting, sculpture and art exhibitions, and also film festival screening. Various art forms, both traditional and contemporary, either Indonesian or foreign origin might be performed in this cultural center. The cultural center was named after Ismail Marzuki, one of Indonesian most influential composer.
Inaugurated by Jakarta's Governor Ali Sadikin, in 10 November 1968, the 90 meters square cultural center was built upon former Taman Raden Saleh, a public park established and owned by Raden Saleh, an Indonesian famous painter during colonial Dutch East Indies era. Taman Raden Saleh was Jakarta's former zoo and public park, before moved to Ragunan Zoo. In Taman Raden Saleh there used to be Greyhound racing arena, cinema, Garden Hall and podium.
- Graha Bhakti Budaya, a performing art hall with capacity 800 seats, 600 seats on ground floor and 200 seats in balcony. The stage measures 15m x 10m x 6m. This air conditioned hall is equipped with lighting and acoustic and sound systems, and usually used to stages musical concert and performing arts such as drama, traditional or contemporary dances, also film screening.
- Galeri Cipta II and Galeri Cipta III, these two galleries is used for fine arts, painting and sculpture exhibitions, art discussions and seminars, and also for screening short film. This gallery can contain 80 paintings and 20 sculptures.
- Teater Kecil or Teater Studio, A smaller performing art studio with capacity of 200 audiences. This small studio is ese to staged theater, music, poetry and seminar. The stage measured 10m x 5m x 6m. Gedung equipped with acoustic and lighting systems and air conditioned.
- Teater Halaman or Studio Pertunjukan Seni, open air auditorium for experimental art form for young artist's theater and poetry performances.
- Plaza, the courtyard of TIM that sometimes can also used as additional space to stages outdoor performing arts.