|Dimitri Ivanovich Lobanov-Rostovsky|
|Born||20 September 1758
|Died||25 July 1838
|Years of service||1779-1827 (with breaks)|
|Rank||General of Infantry|
After Russia's defeat at Friedland on 14 June 1807, Russia asked for an armistice, which Lobanov-Rostovsky signed on Russia's behalf on 30 June 1807 (with marshal Louis-Alexandre Berthier signing for France). With prince Alexander Kurakin he participated in the following negotiations and was one of the plenipotentiaries who signed of the Treaty of Tilsit on 7 July 1807, on behalf of the Tzar.
- His name is also translated as Dimitry Lobanoff van Rostoff and Dimitri Lobanoff de Rostoff
- Lobanov-Rostovsky D.I. (1758-1838), statesman, The Encyclopaedia of St. Petersburg, cites Длуголенский Я. Н. Военно-гражданская и полицейская власть Санкт-Петербурга, 1703-1917. СПб., 2001. С. 97-99.
- The Annual Register 720-724
- His titles in the Treaty of Tilsit were given as "lieutenant-general of the armies of his majesty the emperor of all the Russias ; knight of the first class of the order of St. Anne, of the military order of St. Joris, and of the third class of the order of Wolodimir." (The Annual Register p. 720)
- List of rulers
- Edition 1809, The Annual Register, Or, A View of the History, Politics, and Literature for the Year 1807, James Dodsley.
|This Russian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|