December 22, 1968|
In 2002, he was named as one of the ten best living Russian poets in a poll of 110 leading Russian poets and critics, being one of just two poets under 35 in the top ten. Some critics name him as "perhaps the best known poet of his generation", while others claim that he recites his poems better than he writes them. Herzen State Pedagogical University hold a workshop, "Dmitry Vodennikov as the new Blok, Mayakovsky and Pugacheva". He is considered as the leader of New Sincerity in Russian literature.
Vodennikov graduated from Moscow State Pedagogical Institute, philology department and for four years worked as a school teacher. He writes essays and columns for several Russian magazines and hosts two radio shows dedicated to poetry: "Free Entry" on Radio Kultura and "Poetic Minimum" on Radio Rossii.
- Burr (Репейник / Repeynik) — М.: Елена Пахомова; АРГО-РИСК, 1996.
- Holiday: Book of verses (Holiday: Книга стихов / Holiday: Kniga stikhov) — СПб.: ИНА-Пресс, 1999.
- How should one live in order to be loved (Как надо жить — чтоб быть любимым / Kak nado zhit' - chtob byt' lyubimym) — М.: ОГИ, 2001.
- And men can imitate orgasm as well - (Мужчины тоже могут имитировать оргазм / Muzhciny tozhe mogut imitirovat' orgasm) — М.: ОГИ, 2002.
- A tasty meal for apathetic cats - (Вкусный обед для равнодушных кошек / Vkusnyi obed dlya ravnodushnykh koshek) — М.: ОГИ, 2005.
- Rough Copy (Черновик / Tchernovik) - СПб.: "Пушкинский фонд", 2006.
- Hello, I've come to bid you farewell - (Здравствуйте, я пришёл с вами попрощаться / Zdravstvyite, ya prishel s vami poproschatsya) - an autobiographical novel. - М.: LIVEBOOK, 2007.
- Vyacheslav Kuritsyn. "Best Russian Poets".
- Zahar Prilepin. "Interview with Dmitry Vodennikov".
- Jan Shenkman. "Richter's scale".
- "RGPU, Contemporary Russian Literature Department". Archived from the original on 2008-04-16.
- "Novy Mir magazine".
- "Znamya magazine".
- Maria Khorkova. "Vodennikov interview".
- Official site of the poet (in Russian)
- Vodennikov's blog (in Russian)
- Vodennikov on the cover of Poe(boy) magazine
- Vodennikov reading his poems
|This article about a poet from Russia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|