July 12, 1987|
Stone Mountain, Georgia
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Stone Mountain (GA)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
Dobson Collins (born July 12, 1987) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He was originally signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Gardner–Webb.
Collins was born in Miami, Florida and later moved to Stone Mountain, Georgia where he attended Stone Mountain High School. He played high school football there and, in his senior year, recorded 21 receptions for 332 yards and two touchdowns.
Collins played college football and participated in track and field at Gardner–Webb University. During his football career, he played in 42 games with 22 starts, caught 143 passes for 1,754 yards and 14 touchdowns as a wide receiver. He was a two-time All-Big South selection as a punt returner and wide receiver. In his freshman season, he caught eight passes for 55 yards. As a sophomore, he made eight receptions for 104 yards. In his junior year, he caught 51 passes for 649 yards and three touchdowns. As a senior, he made 76 receptions for 937 yards and 10 touchdowns. He was ranked as one of the top punt returners in the conference with a 9.7 yards per punt return average. In track and field, he holds the school record in the 55, 60 and 110 meter hurdles. He was named the 2006 Atlantic Sun Conference champion in the 60 meter hurdles and was named the Freshman of the Year after his team won the outdoor track title that year.
San Francisco 49ers
Collins was signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent following the 2009 NFL Draft. He was waived on September 5, 2009 during final roster cuts. He subsequently re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 6. He was released from the practice squad on October 5.
On July 29, 2013, Collins signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
On February 20, 2015, Collins signed a one-year contract with the Montreal Alouettes. He played in one game against the Calgary Stampeders where he had three catches for 51 yards, but he had a costly fumble at the Calgary 2-yard line that ended an Alouette drive. He was subsequently released on August 10, 2015.
On October 25, 2016, Collins was signed to the Ravens' practice squad. He was released from the Ravens' practice squad on November 7, 2016.
- "#11 Dobson Collins Wide Receiver". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved 2009-11-24.[permanent dead link]
- McPherson, Chris (October 22, 2009). "Mike Gibson Signed By Seahawks". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- McPherson, Chris (January 11, 2010). "WRs Norwood, Collins Inked To New Deals". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved 2010-01-11.
- McPherson, Chris (September 3, 2010). "Abiamiri To PUP; 10 Players Released". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- https://www.cfl.ca/article/eskimos-sign-receiver-collins Eskimos sign receiver Collins
- Halftime Report: Dobson Collins Makes Redblacks History
- Alouettes add depth at the receiver position, sign three
- Alouettes release three players
- Downing, Garrett (November 7, 2016). "Ravens sign WR Michael Campanaro to practice squad". BaltimoreRavens.com. Retrieved November 7, 2016.