Don't Panic Chaps!
|Don't Panic Chaps!|
Original British quad poster
|Directed by||George Pollock|
|Produced by||Teddy Baird|
|Written by||Michael Corston
|Music by||Philip Green|
|Edited by||Harry Aldous|
|Distributed by||Columbia Pictures Corporation (UK)|
|November 1959 (UK)|
Don't Panic Chaps! is a 1959 British comedy film directed by George Pollock and starring Dennis Price, George Cole, Thorley Walters and Terence Alexander. The film was produced by Teddy Baird for Act Films Ltd. Originally called Carry On Chaps, the title was changed following the success of the "Carry On" series.
It was based on a radio play and was made for ₤75,000.
During WW II, a pair of observation teams, German and British, are left on a remote Adriatic island, then forgotten. The two sides call a truce and live harmoniously; that is until beautiful Elsa is cast ashore and war breaks out anew.
- Krisling - Dennis Price
- Finch - George Cole
- Brown - Thorley Walters
- Elsa - Nadja Regin
- Ackroyd - Harry Fowler
- Bolter - Percy Herbert
- Meister - George Murcell
- Mortimer - Nicholas Phipps
- Babbington - Terence Alexander
- Schmidt - Gertan Klauber
- Voss - Thomas Foulkes
- Don't Panic Chaps! at the Internet Movie Database
- "Don't Panic Chaps (1959) - BFI". BFI.
- Action! Fifty Years in the Life of a Union. Published: 1983 (UK). Publisher: ACTT. ISBN 0 9508993 0 5. ACT Films Limited - Ralph Bond p81 (producer listed as Teddy Baird)
- "Don't Panic Chaps!". TV Guide.
- Tom Johnson and Deborah Del Vecchio, Hammer Films: An Exhaustive Filmography, McFarland, 1996 p171
|This article related to a British comedy film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a war film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|