Don Pedro Colley
|Don Pedro Colley|
August 30, 1938 |
Klamath Falls, Oregon, United States
|Alma mater||University of Oregon|
Don Pedro Colley (born 30 August 1938) is an African American actor.
Colley was born in Klamath Falls, Oregon to Muriel and Pete Colley. He attended Klamath Union High School and actively played American football and athletics, which led to an unsuccessful try-out for the 1960 Summer Olympics. He later attended the University of Oregon and studied architecture.
Later, he became a theatre member and spent five years learning his craft in various productions in San Francisco.
Some of his better known roles include Gideon on Daniel Boone, Ongaro in Beneath the Planet of the Apes, SRT in George Lucas' THX 1138, and Sheriff Little in the 1980s TV series The Dukes of Hazzard.
Don Pedro has a daughter. He is now semi-retired and still makes guest appearances at various conventions across the world.
- Piranha (1995) - (TV) Leonard
- Cagney & Lacey: The Return (1994) - (TV) Virgil
- Quest of the Delta Knights (1993) - Black Spy
- The Blue Iguana (1988) - Boat Captain
- The Dukes of Hazzard (1979) - (TV Series) Sheriff "Big" Ed Little (Chickasaw County) (1981–1984)
- Casino (1980) - (TV) Sam
- Starsky and Hutch (1977) - (TV) Papa Theodore
- Space Academy (1977) - (TV) Dramon
- Herbie Rides Again (1974) - Barnstorff
- Sugar Hill (1974) - Baron Samedi
- Black Caesar (1973) - Crawdaddy
- The World's Greatest Athlete (1973) - Morumba
- The Legend of Nigger Charley (1972) - Joshua
- Crosscurrent (1971) (TV) - Freddie Trench
- Adam-12 (1971) - T. Leeland Sabeth
- Believe in Me (1971) - Man
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970) - Ongaro
- THX 1138 (1970) - SRT
- Here Come the Brides (1969) (TV Series) - Ox
- The Virginian (1968) (TV Series) - Ira Diller
- Daniel Boone (1964) (TV Series) - Gideon (1968–1969)
- "The New York Times". The New York Times. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- Handley, Rich. Timeline of the Planet of the Apes: The Definitive Chronology. Hasslein Books, 2009. ISBN 978-0-615-25392-3. Page 195.
- Greenspun, Roger (March 12, 1971). "THX 1138 (1971) Lucas's 'THX1138':Love Is a Punishable Crime in Future". The New York Times.
Names You Never Remember, With Faces You Never Forget, by Justin Humphreys. BearManor Media, Albany, 2006. ISBN 1-59393-041-0.
- Don Pedro Colley at the Internet Movie Database
- Interview with Don Pedro Colley about his experiences working on THX 1138 (at a George Lucas fan site)