Blackwood was educated at the University of Tasmania and ordained in 1908. From 1912 to 1920 he was a chaplain in the Australian Armed Forces. Later he held incumbencies at Latrobe and Cressy. In 1929 he was appointed Archdeacon of Hobart, a position he held until his ordination to the episcopate.
- Tasmanian Times
- Diocesan history Archived September 13, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- The Times, 28 April 1942; p3, "New Bishop Of Gippsland"
- Who was Who, 1897-2007, London, A & C Black, 2007, ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- The Clergy List, London, Kelly’s, 1913
- "Donald Burns Blackwood – Discovering Anzacs". National Archives of Australia. Retrieved October 10, 2014.
- Holy Trinity Hobart
|Anglican Communion titles|
George Harvard Cranswick
|Bishop of Gippsland
Edwin John Davidson
|This article about an individual Australian Anglican bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|