|Donald W. Merricks|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 16th district
January 9, 2008 – January 2014
|Preceded by||Robert Hurt|
|Succeeded by||Les Adams|
January 13, 1952 |
|Spouse(s)||Patti Faye Cassada|
|Children||Lori Allison, Donald Merricks II|
|Residence||Pittsylvania County, Virginia|
|Alma mater||Danville Community College
|Occupation||Businessman (building supplies)|
|Committees||Commerce and Labor
Counties, Cities and Towns
Health, Welfare and Institutions
Militia, Police and Public Safety
Donald W. "Don" Merricks (born January 13, 1952) is an American politician. Since 2008 he has been a Republican member of the Virginia House of Delegates, representing the 16th district in Southside Virginia, made up of the city of Martinsville and parts of Henry and Pittsylvania Counties.
Merricks announced that he would not run for reelection in 2013.
|Virginia House of Delegates, 16th district|
|Nov 6, 2007||General||Donald W. Merricks||Republican||10,744||64.00|
|G. Andy Parker||Democratic||6,034||35.94|
|Robert Hurt retired to run for state senate; seat stayed Republican|
|Nov 3, 2009||General||Donald W. Merricks||Republican||13,074||99.50|
|Nov 8, 2011||General||Donald W. Merricks||Republican||14,343||99.06|
- "Bio for Donald W. Merricks". Virginia House of Delegates. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- Lewis, Bob (2013-04-03). "In Virginia reconvened session, Putney heads august class of retiring lawmakers bidding adieu". The Washington Post. Associated Press. Retrieved 2013-04-11.[permanent dead link]
- "November 6, 2007 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- "November 2009 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- "November 2011 General Election Official Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2013-10-06. Retrieved 2013-05-23.
- "Don Merricks". Virginia Public Access Project.
- "Delegate Don Merricks (R-Danville)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2013-04-29.
|This article about a member of the Virginia House of Delegates is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|