Donald Rumbelow (b. 1940) is a British former City of London Police officer, crime historian, and ex-curator of the City of London Police's Crime Museum. He has twice been chairman of England's Crime Writers' Association.
A recognised authority on the Whitechapel Murders, he currently acts as a London Tourist Board Blue Badged guide of the Jack the Ripper Walk, a walking tour in London visiting the locations associated with the crimes. He has appeared in several television documentaries examining the subject.
His literary and lecturing work ranges over several centuries of London's crime history.
Rumbelow is married and has two children.
Books by Donald Rumbelow
- Donald Rumbelow: I Spy Blue: Police and Crime in the City of London from Elizabeth I to Victoria, Macmillan, 1971
- Donald Rumbelow: Houndsditch Murders, Macmillan, 1973
- Donald Rumbelow, Judy Hindley, Colin King: Detection (Know how books), Usborne Publishing Ltd, 1978
- Donald Rumbelow: Triple Tree, Harap, 1982
- Donald Rumbelow: The Complete Jack the Ripper, Virgin Books, 2013 ISBN 978-0753541500
- Stewart P. Evans and Donald Rumbelow: Jack the Ripper: Scotland Yard Investigates, Sutton Publishing, 2007, ISBN 0-7509-4228-2
- City of London Police's Crime Museum
- London Walks Jack the Ripper Tour
- List of TV, movie, and documentary credits at IMDB.com
- Penguin book author's biography
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|