Location of Dongping Dam in China
|Location||Wanjia Township, Xuan'en County|
|Owner(s)||Hubei Xuan’en Dongping Hydropower Co., Ltd|
|Dam and spillways|
|Type of dam||Arch|
|Height||135 m (443 ft)|
|Total capacity||336,000,000 m3 (272,000 acre·ft)|
|Surface area||8.12 km2 (3 sq mi)|
|Hydraulic head||90 m (295 ft) (rated)|
|Turbines||2 x 55 MW Francis-type|
|Installed capacity||110 MW|
|Annual generation||322 GWh|
The Dongping Dam is an arch dam on the Zhongjian River (忠建河), a right tributary of the Qing River, in Xuan'en County, Hubei Province, China. The primary purpose of the dam is hydroelectric power generation and it supports a 110 MW power station consisting of two 55 MW Francis turbine-generators. The 135 m (443 ft) tall arch dam withholds a reservoir of 336,000,000 m3 (272,000 acre·ft). Construction began in 2000, the first generator was operational in 2005 and the project complete in 2006.
- "Roof drainage reconstruction report" (in Chinese). Baidu. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- 湖北宣恩洞坪水电有限责任公司 (Hubei Dongping Hydroelectric Company Ltd.)
- "Hubei Xuan’en Dongping Hydropower Station". UN Clean Development Mechanism. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- "China’s highest Arch Dams". Chinese National Committee on Large Dams. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
- Yahui Liu Yunkun, Chen (September 2007). "Dongping Hydropower Station to cancel the temporary diversion dam bottom outlet of the analysis and implementation" (in Chinese). Political Office (Hubwd). Retrieved 30 August 2011.