She graduated from Hunter College and New York University. Her work frequently deals with urban life and the working-class. Her first book of poems, That Kind of Danger, received the Barnard Women Poets Prize, chosen by Mona Van Duyn. In addition, she has received a National Endowment for the Arts fellowship and a grant from the New York Foundation for the Arts. Her poem, "Anxieties," recently appeared in Best American Poetry 2015.
Masini's work has appeared in Best American Poetry 2015, Poetry, American Poetry Review, Ploughshares, TriQuarterly, Paris Review, Ms., KGB Bar Book of Poems, Georgia Review, Parnassus, Boulevard, Open City et al.
- Barnard Women Poet’s Prize, That Kind of Danger
- National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship
- New York Foundation for the Arts Grant
- Pushcart Prize
- 4:30 Movie: Poems. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. 2018. ISBN 978-0-393-63550-8.
- Turning to Fiction: Poems. New York: W. W. Norton & Company. 2004. ISBN 978-0-393-05970-0.
- That Kind of Danger: Poems. Boston: Beacon Press. 1994. ISBN 978-0-8070-6823-6.
- About Yvonne New York: WW Norton and Co. 1998.
- David Lehman ed., Sherman Alexie, guest ed. Best American Poetry 2015 Simon and Schuster, 2015
- Jason Koo, ed. Brooklyn Poets Brooklyn Arts, 2017
- Major Jackson, ed. Renga for Obama Harvard University, 2017
- Donna Masini: Turning to Fiction, Video interview with Param Vir, 2012
- Jerry Williams, ed. It's Not You It's Me: Poems of Breakup and Divorce Overlook Press, 2012
- Michael Meyer, ed. The Bedford Introduction to Literature Macmillan, 2011
- Billy Collins, ed. (2005). "Slowly". 180 More: Extraordinary Poems For Every Day. Random House, Inc. ISBN 978-0-8129-7296-2.
- Pamela Gemin; Paula Sergi, eds. (1999). Boomer Girls: Poems by Women From the Baby Boom Generation. University of Iowa Press. ISBN 978-0-87745-687-2.
- International Who's Who in Poetry and Poets' Encyclopaedia (10 ed.). Routledge. 2001. ISBN 978-0-948875-59-5.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-07-04. Retrieved 2009-07-24. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link) CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "ItalianAmericanWriters.com: Contemporary Italian American Writing - Donna Masini". www.italianamericanwriters.com. Retrieved Jan 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Donna Masini". Poets & Writers. Retrieved Jan 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Donna Masini Official Homepage
- Donna Masini, "A Gate" Academy of American Poets
- Poetry Foundation, A Change of World, Episode 4, podcast
- Brooklyn Poets: Poet of the Week (Interview)
- Boston Review, Stephen Burt Ten Poems and One Contributor's Note You Should Strongly Consider Reading
- Donna Masini "Anxieties," Academy of American Poets
- "Donna Masini" Italian American Writers
- "Donna_Masini and June Jordan", Poetry Branching Out[permanent dead link]
- "Donna Masini listens to Robert Creeley reading James Wright's poetry at the 1996 festival in Martin's Ferry, Ohio."