|Origin||Farmerville, Louisiana, United States|
|Associated acts||Billy Joe Walker, Jr.|
Donovan Chapman (born in Farmerville, Louisiana) is an American country music artist. he has recorded two studio albums: one on Curb Records, and one on Category 5 Records. He has also charted four singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, with his highest being the No. 42-peaking "House Like That" in late 2006-early 2007.
At age seventeen, Chapman enlisted in the United States Air Force. He spent eleven years in the Air Force, serving for five years in U.S. Air Force Security Forces and six years as a Pararescueman. During his leave time, he met Mike Curb, head of the Curb Records label, and was soon signed to the label.
Chapman's first single, "There Is No War", was released in 2003. The single was dedicated to families of American soldiers who had died overseas. Chapman recorded two albums for Curb Records, shortly before returning to duty in Afghanistan. In the same time, Chapman released a self titled EP, followed by his first full album, I Am America.
After returning to the United States, he signed to Category 5 Records. His first single for Category 5, "House Like That", was released in late 2006. A second single, "All I Need", was released in 2007, shortly before Chapman terminated his relationship with Category 5 Records. "House Like That" was produced by Billy Joe Walker, Jr.
|I Am America||
|2003||"There Is No War"||58||Donovan Chapman|
|"Good Problem to Have"||—|
|2006||"House Like That"||42||I Am America|
|2007||"All I Need"||58|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- Curb.com : Donovan Chapman biography
- "Singer encourages new recruits to stay focused > U.S. Air Force > Article Display". Af.mil. Retrieved 2015-11-07.
- Former Staff Sergeant USAF and Member of Elite Air Force Pararescue PJs & Now Curb Recording Artist Donovan Chapman Releases "There Is No War" Families Across U.S. Embrace Song During Holidays Without Loved Ones. (brief article)
- Press Release.pdf Archived September 29, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Category 5 signs new artist