|Member of the Texas House of Representatives
from the 27th district
|Succeeded by||Ron Reynolds|
|Born||March 6, 1943|
|Spouse(s)||Victor Olivo, Jr.|
Victor Olivo, III
|Alma mater||University of Houston Law Center|
Dora F. Olivo is a Democratic former member of the Texas House of Representatives, representing the 27th District from 1997 to 2011. She was defeated in the 2010 Democratic primary by Ron Reynolds, her fellow attorney.
Olivo was also defeated in a comeback attempt in the 2012 general election in District 85 by the Republican Phil Stephenson, a Certified Public Accountant from Wharton. Stephenson received 28,626 votes (58.3 percent) to Olivo's 20,435 (41.7 percent).
Dora is married to her husband Victor, Jr., and together they have two children: Victor, III, and Geraldo.
Olivo obtained her BS in Education from Texas A&M University, Kingsville. She later received her MS in Early Childhood Education from the University of Houston. In 1981 she received her JD from the University of Houston.
- From 1977-1992, Olivo was the founder and host of Lo Nuestro Radio Show, KFRD
- Olivo was an attorney
- Olivo was a teacher for the Corpus Christi Independent School District and also Lamar Consolidated Independent School District.
- "General election returns (House District 85), November 6, 2012". Texas Secretary of State. Archived from the original on January 9, 2014. Retrieved March 13, 2014.
- "Dora Olivo Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Texas House of Representatives - Dora Olivo official TX House website
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Dora Olivo (TX) profile
- Follow the Money - Dora Olivo
|This article about a Texas politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|