|Also known as||The Rob Chapman Band (2012)|
Dorje are an English rock band formed in 2012 under the name The Rob Chapman Band, however soon changed their name to Dorje. It was founded by Rob Chapman, Rabea Massaad, Dave Hollingworth and Ben Minal.
2007-2012: Formative Years, Primordial Audio Chronicle
Prior to Dorje, Massaad, Hollingworth and Minal were members of nu metal band ChasinJade. After a chance meeting in a bar, Chapman asked Massaad to join the band he was forming. Subsequently Hollingworth and Minal were brought on board, forming The Rob Chapman Band. The band eventually began to focus less on Chapman's solo compositions, and a new name was chosen: Dorje. Their debut EP, Primordial Audio Chronicle: Volume One, was released on 14 October 2012, and their first UK tour sold out.
Dorje released their first single, "White Dove", from the EP Catalyst, on 6 August 2015, which was followed by their EP Catalyst on 6 November 2015. This was supported by the Catalyst tour of the United Kingdom.
On 14 October 2016 Dorje released the Centred and One EP.
|Primordial Audio Chronicle: Volume One ||
|Centered And One||
|White Dove ||
|Flower of Life||
- Rob Chapman - lead vocals, guitars (2012–present)
- Rabea Massaad - guitars, backing vocals (2012–present)
- Dave Hollingworth - bass (2012–present)
- Ben Minal - drums (2012–2020)
Dorje have been called progressive metal, progressive rock, alternative metal, blues rock and hard rock, additionally they have been compared to the likes of Audioslave, Tool and Alter Bridge.
- "Last FM - Dorje".
- "Bloody Disgusting - Dorje".
- "Spirit of Metal - Dorje".
- "Rock n Reel - Catalyst".
- "That's Rocking Awesome - Flower of Life".
- "Bring The Noise - Catalyst".
- "Musipedia of Metal - Catalyst".
- "One Metal - Catalyst". Archived from the original on 2016-07-11. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Metal Temple - Catalyst".