Dorothea Lasky in 2014
|Born||1978 (age 41–42)|
St. Louis, Missouri
|Alma mater||Washington University;|
University of Massachusetts Amherst;
University of Pennsylvania
Dorothea Lasky is an American poet. She has published four full-length collections of poetry through Wave Books and one through Liveright/W.W. Norton, along with releasing chapbooks and appearing in various literary journals. She is currently an Associate Professor of Poetry at Columbia University School of the Arts.
Background and education
She was born in St. Louis, Missouri in 1978. She graduated from Ladue Horton Watkins High School in 1996. She earned a BA in classics and psychology from Washington University in St. Louis. She earned her MFA in Poetry from the University of Massachusetts Amherst's MFA Program for Poets & Writers, and her Ed.M. in Arts & Education from Harvard University, and her Ed.D. in Creativity and Education from the University of Pennsylvania.
- Full-length collections
- Animal. Wave Books, 2019. ISBN 9781940696911
- Astro Poets: Your Guides to the Zodiac. With Alex Dimitrov. Flatiron Books, 2019. ISBN 9781250313300
- Milk Wave Books, 2018. ISBN 978-1940696645
- I Used to Be a Witch. Winston-Salem, NC: Fjords. 2017.
- Rome: Poems. Liveright. 29 September 2014. ISBN 978-0-87140-940-9.
- Open the Door: How to Excite Young People About Poetry. San Francisco: McSweeney's Books. 2013. Ed. with Dominic Luxford and Jesse Nathan.
- Matter: A Picturebook. New York: Argos Books. 2012.
- Rome, Liveright, 2012, ISBN 9780871409393
- Thunderbird. Wave Books. 11 September 2012. ISBN 978-1-933517-63-6.
- Black Life. Wave Books. 1 April 2010. ISBN 978-1-933517-43-8.
- Awe. Wave Books. 1 September 2007. ISBN 978-1-933517-24-7.
- Chapbooks & pamphlets
- Snakes (Tungsten Press, 2018)
- Poetry is Not a Project (Ugly Duckling Presse, 2010)
- Tourmaline (Transmission Press, 2008)
- The Hatmaker's Wife (2006)
- Art (H NGM N Press, 2005)
- Alphabets & Portraits (Anchorite Press, 2004)
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 08 April 1996, p. 12.
- "Dorothea Lasky". poets.org. Archived from the original on 2 July 2014. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Dorothea Lasky". poetryfoundation.org. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- Four PoemsDorothea LaskyArchived October 16, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- Dorothea Lasky in Boston Review's Poet's Sampler, April/May, 2005
- Dorothea Lasky's poem, "Tornado," in The New Yorker Archived 2010-02-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Ortiz, Isabel. "Feministing Readz: Dorothea Lasky's Rome". Feministing. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- Dorothea Lasky's personal page
- Dorothea Lasky's Author Page at Wave Books[permanent dead link]
- Dorothea Lasky's Bird in Snow, home of the Tiny Tour
- "In Conversation: Dorothea Lasky and Adam Fitzgerald". Granta (129).
- Elizabeth Hildreth (September 2010). "An Interview with Dorothea Lasky". Bookslut.
- Katalanché Press
- Dorothea Lasky on PennSound
- Lasky's page at Columbia University School of the Arts
|This biographical article about an American poet born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|