Douglas R. Oberhelman
|Douglas R. Oberhelman|
|Born||February 25, 1953|
|Alma mater||Millikin University (1975)|
|Home town||Woodstock, Illinois|
|Title||Former Chief Executive Officer and Executive Chairman|
|Predecessor||James W. Owens|
|Board member of||Exxon Mobil Corporation
The Nature Conservancy Illinois Chapter
Association of Equipment Manufacturers
National Association of Manufacturers
Wetlands America Trust
Easter Seals (former chairman)
Millikin University (former chairman)
South Side Bank (former)
Oberhelman was raised in Woodstock, Illinois, where his father was a John Deere salesman. His family originates from Westphalia, Germany. Oberhelman attended Millikin University, where he was a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon. He graduated with a Bachelor's degree in 1975.
Oberhelman joined Caterpillar shortly after his college graduation in 1975. He became a Caterpillar Vice President in 1995, serving as Chief Financial Officer from 1995 to 1998. He succeeded Jim Owens as CEO on July 1, 2010 and as Executive Chairman of the Board on November 1, 2010.
In 2011 Oberhelman earned an income (including options, bonus etc.) of $16.9 million, a sixty percent increase from his earnings the previous year.
- McDonald, Karen (2010-09-05). "Oberhelmans out to make Laura Bush feel at home". PJStar.com. Peoria, Illinois: GateHouse Media. Retrieved 2010-11-05.
- "Doug Oberhelman: Champion of Sustainability". InterBusiness Issues. Peoria, Illinois: Central Illinois Business Publishers, Inc. September 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- "Douglas R. Oberhelman". Peoria, Illinois: Caterpillar Inc. 2009-07-01. Retrieved 2010-07-14.[dead link]
- "Doug Oberhelman Elected to ExxonMobil Board" (Press release). May 2015.
- Gordon, Paul (2009-10-23). "Caterpillar selects Oberhelman as next CEO". PJStar.com. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Birthdatabase Index".
- Slider, Mark. "Doug Oberhelman, Caterpillar Inc. Chairman and CEO, to be honored as 2015 Distinguished German-American of the Year". German Life.
- "Caterpillar Outlines Leadership Succession Plan; Board Names Doug Oberhelman Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer – Elect" (PDF) (Press release). Peoria, Illinois: Caterpillar Inc. 2009-10-22. Retrieved 2009-10-22.
- "Douglas R. Oberhelman". Forbes.com. 2010-07-01. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
As previously announced, Mr. Oberhelman will not stand for re-election to the Ameren board and will step down as a director effective April 27, 2010.
- Dow Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris Elected Chairman, The Business Council, dow.com, October 19, 2012
- Press Release: The Dow Chemical Company, Dow Chairman and CEO Andrew Liveris Elected Chairman, The Business Council, Yahoo!, October 19, 2012
- World Resources Institute Biosketch of Douglas R. Oberhelman. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- Caterpillar President, Experts in Clean Tech & Energy Markets Named Directors at WRI. Accessed March 27, 2012.
- "Chicago Tribune; April 11, 2012". April 11, 2012.