David L. Calhoun (born 18 April 1957) is an American businessman. He is the global head of private equity portfolio operations at Blackstone and concurrently serves as the Executive Chairman of Nielsen (formerly VNU Group B.V.), and served as Nielsen's Chief Executive Officer from 2006 through 2013 A Virginia Tech alumnus, he was previously the Vice Chairman of General Electric and Chief Executive Officer of GE Infrastructure, a GE division with $50 billion in revenues and 120,000 employees. He serves on the Board of Directors of Boeing and Caterpillar Inc  Along with Rick Kash, he is the author of How Companies Win.
- "Dave Calhoun Joins Blackstone to Head Private Equity Portfolio Operations".
- "Dave Calhoun". nielsen.com. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Colvin, Geoffrey (January 24, 2006). "Rising Star: David Calhoun, General Electric". Fortune. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Boyce, Amy (Fall 2005). "David Calhoun: A great source of energy". Virginia Tech Magazine. Archived from the original on 7 June 2013. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
- Hash, Verne (November 1, 2011). "5 business books you can really use". CNNMoney.com. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|