|Governor of Bayelsa State|
|Assumed office |
14 February 2020
|Preceded by||Seriake Dickson|
|Born||4 June 1959|
|Political party||People's Democratic Party|
Douye Diri (born 4 June 1959) is a Nigerian politician and the current Governor of Bayelsa State. He was the senator representing Bayelsa Central senatorial district of Bayelsa state at the Nigerian 9th National Assembly.
Governor of Bayelsa
On 13 February 2020, the Supreme Court of Nigeria invalidated the results of the 2019 Bayelsa State gubernatorial elections on grounds that the running mate of the actual winner of the election, David Lyon, submitted fake certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission. The court ordered Diri to be issued a certificate of return, which would make him governor-elect.
On 14 February 2020, he was sworn-in as the governor of Bayelsa State.
- "Breaking: Douye Diri sworn-in as Governor of Bayelsa". P.M. News. 14 February 2020. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- Iroanusi, QueenEsther (2019-03-11). "INEC releases list of elected senators, APC-62, PDP-37". Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- Bello, Precious (2019-07-11). "Bayelsa guber: Senator Diri joins race". Daily Post Nigeria. Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- "Supreme Court Sacks Lyon As Bayelsa Governor-Elect, Hours Before Inauguration". Channels Television. Retrieved 2020-02-13.
- Tsa, Godwin (14 November 2019). "Breaking News: Supreme Court sacks Lyon, Bayelsa gov-elect, for presenting running mate with fake qualification". Sun News NG. Retrieved 13 February 2020.
- Wahab, Bayo (14 February 2020). "Douye Diri sworn in as Bayelsa Governor". Pulse NG. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
|This article about a Nigerian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|