Dover Downs' Sports Lounge (2011)
|Location||1131 North DuPont Highway
|Owned by||Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment|
|Race type||Harness racing|
Dover Downs is a hotel, casino, and racetrack complex in Dover, Delaware. It has a .625-mile (1.006 km) harness horse racing track, which is surrounded by Dover International Speedway, a 1-mile (1.6 km) concrete track used for NASCAR motor racing events. The speedway is owned and operated by Dover Motorsports, while the rest of the complex is the property of Dover Downs Gaming & Entertainment (NYSE: DDE).
Primary features of Dover Downs Hotel & Casino include a hotel, dining options, over 2,700 slot machines, 40 table games, and the Rollins Center, an 18,000-square-foot (1,700 m2) multipurpose ballroom which features entertainment as well as hosting business conferences, conventions and banquets. Steelman Partners were the original architects and interior designers in 1995.
A hotel expansion in autumn 2007 added 268 additional rooms, including 52 suites and 11 spa suites, for a total of 500 hotel rooms. This made Dover Downs the largest hotel in Delaware. Toppers Spa/Salon opened in the hotel on December 29, 2007.
Dover Downs began a venture into the online gambling realm in late 2013.
The hotel at Dover Downs offers upscale accommodations with rooms facing both the racetrack and the city. Amenities at the hotel include a full-service spa, fitness room, indoor swimming pool, room service, and concierge. Dover Downs offers space for meetings, banquets, conferences, and conventions, including over 40,000 sq ft (3,700 m2) of function space, the 18,000 sq ft (1,700 m2) Rollins Center ballroom, several meeting rooms, and three hospitality suites offering views of the racetrack.
The casino at Dover Downs offers over 2,300 slot machines, 41 gaming tables, and an 18-table poker room. Table games offered at Dover Downs include craps, roulette, and card games such as blackjack, Spanish 21, baccarat, three card poker, pai gow poker, high card flush, 21+3, heads up poker, and Mississippi stud.
Dover Downs offers live harness racing from November to mid-April and simulcasts of harness and thoroughbred racing year-round. The Race & Sports Book offers sports betting on live and simulcast horse racing along with parlay betting on National Football League games.
Dover Downs offers various entertainment options including headline entertainers, comedians, concerts, and musical acts. Entertainers and musicians that have performed at Dover Downs include Tracy Lawrence, Boyz II Men, Howie Mandel, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and the Glenn Miller Orchestra.
Dining options at Dover Downs include:
- The Festival Buffet
- Garden Café
- Gr8 Burgers & Shakes
- Sweet Perks
- Sweet Perks Too
- Winner's Circle Restaurant
Bars and nightclubs
Bars and nightclubs at Dover Downs include:
- Fire & Ice
- Race & Sports Book
- Lobby Bar
- The Gazebo Bar
- The Terrace Bar
Dover Downs offers upscale shopping at The Colonnade. Stores include:
- "Paul Steelman Biography and Projects". unlv.edu. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Book Dover Downs Hotel & Casino, Dover, Delaware - Hotels.com". Hotels.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Dover Hotel - Dover Downs Hotel and Casino". doverdowns.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Hotel Introduction". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Event Planning". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Casino". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Table Games". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Horse Racing". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Race & Sports Book". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Entertainment". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Restaurants". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "Bars". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.
- "The Colonnade". Dover Downs. Retrieved October 5, 2017.