This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dow Brain is an American music producer, songwriter/composer and pianist. A Boston native, Brain started his music production company, Underground Productions, Inc. in 1992, in collaboration with Brad Young. One of their first clients was Danny Wood of boy-band New Kids on the Block. Since then Brain has written and produced multiple Billboard charting albums and singles and has had thousands of music placements in hit films and TV shows like Weeds, Kyle XY, The Sopranos, Greek, Scrubs, America's Funniest Videos, The Oprah Winfrey Show and several others.
His selected credits and discography also include: Compositions for the Do It Again film score -- Robert Patton-Spruill’s documentary about The Boston Globe reporter Geoff Edgers' quest to reunite The Kinks; the theme song and much of the score for the TV Land hit series How'd You Get So Rich? featuring Joan Rivers; and the theme song for the History Channel series The Works.
Brain has done co-publishing deals with BMG Music and PSO Ltd.
A more extensive list of Brain's musical works can be seen here: www.allmusic.com/artist/dow-brain-p58858/credits
- Hess, Mickey (2010). Hip Hop in America: A Regional Guide. Vol. 1: East Coast and West Coast. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 978-0-313-34321-6.
- Wildman, D. "Songwriters making a reputation in rap". Boston Globe. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- Rodman, Sarah. "Producer duo climbs out of basement with LFO". Boston Herald. Retrieved 24 February 2012.
- IMDb, IMDb. "Dow Brain, Soundtrack, Composer". Various Soundtrack Contributions. IMDb. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Dow Brain at AllMusic. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Discogs. "Dow Brain, Discography". Summer Girls. Discogs. Retrieved 23 February 2012.
- Dow Brain discography at Discogs
|This United States musical biography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|