|Directed by||Jean-François Pouliot|
|Story by||Vinay Virmani|
|Edited by||Dominique Fortin|
|Distributed by||Eros International|
Dr. Cabbie is a 2014 Canadian romantic comedy film that stars Kunal Nayyar, Vinay Virmani, and Adrianne Palicki. The film is directed by Jean-François Pouliot and co-produced by Bollywood actor, Salman Khan. The story revolves around a newly arrived immigrant doctor in Canada who cannot get a job and is forced to become a taxi driver. He becomes a local hero when he converts his taxi into a mobile medical clinic. The film was released on DVD and BluRay from 23 December 2014.
Deepak Veer Chopra, an Indian doctor emigrates to Canada in the hope of starting a new life, but bureaucracy confines him to life as a taxi driver. After delivering a baby in his cab, he starts treating other passengers and practicing medicine illegally. He also falls in love with Natalie Wilman, the mother whose baby he delivered and she uses her training as a (non-practicing) lawyer to help him achieve his dreams.
- Vinay Virmani as Deepak Veer Chopra
- Adrianne Palicki as Natalie Wilman
- Kunal Nayyar as Tony
- Lillete Dubey as Nellie
- Mircea Monroe as Rani
- Rizwan Manji as Vijay
- Judah Katz as James Whilcher
- Isabel Kaif as Simone
- Chris Diamantopoulos as Colin
- Lilly Singh as Lily (guest appearance)
On release, the film received generally positive responses from critics. Culture plus Blog reviewed with 4 stars and stated, "What a great comedy. Lots of funny stereotyping—dialogue and behaviour that is pure mockery, with great cast that delivers over-the-top fun with some serious consequences. Brilliantly directed by Jean-François Pouliot". Anokhi Media gave a positive review to the movie and stated, "The movie crafts a new breed of cinema that caters to a multicultural universal audience, definitely one to watch." Binzento blog gave the film 4.5 stars and stated, "Recommend this film to those that are in the midst of going through troubling times in life, and need something to up-lift their spirits, and give them the encouragement and hope to over come the challenge." The Toronto Star gave 3 stars and stated, "Dr. Cabbie does something interesting. It takes a rather serious subject—the fact that immigrants bring vital skills to Canada that are cruelly wasted—and milks the issue for its comic possibilities." The Georgia Straight also gave positive review to the movie and stated, "Dr. Cabbie likely has all the ingredients in place to attract an international audience." Suhag.com also gave the movie 4 stars and stated, "All in all a fun, entertaining movie-make it your weekend watch!"
The film was released in Canada on 19 September 2014 in 55 cinemas. It earned $350,452 on its opening day at the box office and became the second highest-grossing film in Canada. The film earned $702,000 over the weekend.
|1.||"Dal Makhani"||Manj Musik & Raftaar||3:43|
|2.||"All I Need Is You"||Raghav & Selena Dhillon||3:45|
|3.||"Maula Mere"||Mustafa Zahid||4:34|
|4.||"All I Need Is You (Hindi)"||Raghav||2:43|
|5.||"Dr Cabbie"||Deesha Sarai||3:20|
|6.||"Don't Be Shy"||Selena Dhillon & Jus Reign||3:22|
|7.||"Dal Makhani (Punjabi Remix)"||Manak-E||3:34|
|8.||"Don't Be Shy"||Selena Dhillon||2:47|
- Bollywood Hungama. "Dr. Cabbie". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Now Salman To Launch Katrina's Sister!". Koimoi. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "DR. CABBIE (15)". British Board of Film Classification. November 14, 2014. Retrieved November 26, 2014.
- "Dr Cabbie first look: Katrina Kaif's sister Isabel grooves with Kunal Nayyar! - Bollywood News & Gossip, Movie Reviews, Trailers & Videos at Bollywoodlife.com". bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Revealed: First look of Katrina Kaif's sister in Canadian film". intoday.in. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Nyay Bhushan. "Bollywood Star Salman Khan Backs Canadian Project 'Dr Cabbie'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Katrina's Sister Isabel to Soon Feature in Salman's Production". Koimoi. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Dr. Cabbie: A Salman Khan Production". BOXOFFICEDADDY. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "'Dr. Cabbie' Box Office Collection: Salman's Film Shatters Opening Day Record in Canada". International Business Times. September 22, 2014. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Salman Khan's Dr. Cabbie Setting Canadian Box Office On Fire". Koimoi. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- vickey123 (September 19, 2014). "Dr. Cabbie (2014)". IMDb. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- Khan, Maz. "INTERVIEW: IISUPERWOMANII". MTV. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- Sylvain Richard. "Culture Plus". smrcultureplus.blogspot.ca. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "ANOKHI MEDIA - Blog / Dr Cabbie: More Than Just Good Humor". ANOKHI MEDIA. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Binzento Vincente: Dr. Cabbie - A Review Of The Canadian Comedy Film". binzento.com. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Dr. Cabbie a fun ride despite occasional speed bumps: review". thestar.com. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Dr. Cabbie has the pieces for success". The Georgia Straight - Vancouver News and Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "Make Dr. Cabbie your weekend watch! (Review)". Suhaag. Retrieved January 27, 2015.
- "'Dr. Cabbie' Box Office Collection: Salman's Film Shatters Opening Day Record in Canada", International Business Times, 22 September 2014. Accessed 22 October 2014.