Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology, Anand
|Motto||Shakti Gyanatmika Para (Knowledge is Power)|
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Chancellor||Dr. Kamla Beniwal|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Akshai Aggarwal|
|Address||National Highway No. 8, Near Sankara Eye Hospital, District Anand, Mogar, Gujarat 388340, Anand, Gujarat, India|
|Campus||Urban, spread over 56 acres|
|Sports||cricket, Kabaddi, Chess, Football|
Named after the first Chief Minister of Gujarat Jivraj Narayan Mehta. Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology Mogar, located in Anand, Gujarat (DJMIT) is an engineering institute. Baptized in an endearing spirit, Dr.Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology Mogar took its first step in July 2010 with a vision that the highest quality public education system can emerge and evolve only when the community participates in its development. In a short span of four years, the Institute has attained a strong standing among all the technical colleges of Gujarat.
It is located near Anand - home to the headquarters of Amul (the world’s largest farmers’ cooperative movement) and NDDB. Sardar Patel University (SPU) and many other institutions are among the flagships of this renowned area of central Gujarat with a pleasant environment, on the National Highway -8.7 kilometers from Anand Gujarat.
The college was founded in 2010. It is located in the Mogar suburban district of Anand, . Within Gujarat, India, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology Mogar is managed by Charttar Education and Navrachana Trust, (CENT). Shri Narendra Shrimali is the Chairman of the Governing Council.
Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology Mogar is affiliated with Gujarat Technological University (GTU), the Technical University of Gujarat and also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
|Shri. Narendra Shrimali||Educationalist||Chairman|
|Dr. Prof. Vipul Rajput||I/C Principal|
Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology offers the following Degree Programmes with AICTE approval and affiliation to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad.
The following table shows branch-wise intake from the institute.
|Discipline||Intake||Duration||AICTE approved Yes / No|
|Civil Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Computer Science & Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Electrical Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Mechanical Engineering||120||4 years||Yes|
The 56 acres (230,000 m2) campus has a plinth area of 11.16 acres (45,200 m2). Sports fields are available for various games such as Cricket, Football (Commonly known as Soccer or Association football, not to be confused with American Football) and various indoor games facilities such as Table tennis, Carom Board and Chess. The Institute is well connected to the national highway, having its own exit.
- Software Systems including Packet Tracer for computer Network, Nokia Mobile and Android toolkit for Mobile Application Development, Various Automated Software Testing Tools for SDLC.
- Software System like MATLAB, TINA PRO, Embedded System, Crossware Development Tool, Microcontroller VPB (Integrated Development Environment), Mobile Communication Trainer kit, Optical Training Communication kit, Microwave Workbench are in the E&C Department.
- Software System like MATLAB, Power System Programming In C Language; fully Equipped high voltage laboratory in the Electrical Engineering department.
- Developed Panels of Power System Protection indigenously in College by Electrical Engineering Department.
Events & Visits
- AICTE Sponsored National Level Workshop on "RECENT PRACTICES IN THE FIELD OF RENEWABLE ENERGY" On 20 & 21 DECEMBER 2013 Organized By Electrical Engineering Department.
- WORKSHOP ON RENEWABLE ENERGY CONSERVATION & AWARENESS Organized By Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Department in Collaboration With GEDA.
- Yantrika 2K13 Organized By Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Project Expo 2K13 By 4th Sem Students of Electrical Engineering Department.
- Workshop on "Loophole+ Ethical Hacking Workshop"—In association with Chakravyuh IIT Delhi on 14th, 15th and 16th Feb, 2013.
- My-Android: Workshop on Android on 6-7th Mar. 2013.
- Industrial Visit at Atlanta Electricals Pvt. Ltd., V.V. Nagar.
- Visit to Radio Mirchi (FM Broadcasting Station),98.3 FM,Ahmedabad.
- Visit to Adani Mundra By third year students of all the Branches.
- Techopolis'14 - Simplicity Unleashed and Technopolis 2K15 - a kick start to uplift the technical environment in the journey of DJMIT; an annual technical fiesta of the institute; takes place in month of April.
- Yantrika 2k14 - Mechanically Refined - an Institutional Technical Fiesta Held on 5 September 2014 - Teachers' Day and 6 September 2014.
- COMPTECH REVOLUTION 2K14 - Organized On Occasion of Software Freedom Day In association With OSTC Club, GTU & Spoken–tutorial, IIT Bombay.
- Celebration of Women's Day, Shahid Smruti Din, National Education Day, International Students' Day, Engineers' Day along with the Navratri Celebrations .
- "Gujarat Technological University Colleges List" (PDF). gtu.ac.in. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Anand
- "Bing maps". Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Gujarat Technological University". gtu.ac.in. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dr. Jivraj Mehta Institute of Technology, Anand.|