|Born||March 25, 1956|
|Alma mater||University of Toronto|
Dr. Paley trained in surgery at the Johns Hopkins Hospital and in orthopedic surgery at the University of Toronto Medical School. He moved to Baltimore to join the University of Maryland in 1987. From 1987 to 2001, Paley worked at the University of Maryland as professor of Orthopedics and chief of Pediatric Orthopedics.
In 1991, Paley co-founded the Maryland Center for Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction at James Lawrence Kernan Hospital with Dr. John Herzenberg. In 2001, they formed the International Center for Limb Lengthening at Sinai Hospital. He authored a book, Principles of Deformity Correction (ISBN 3-540-41665-X) in 2002, that was edited by Herzenberg.
As of 2014 Paley had developed around 100 surgical procedures to reconstruct limbs.
- Paley, Dror (1994). Malalignment and Realignment of the Lower Extremity. W.B. Saunders Company.
- Zorzi, Alessandro Rozim; Rosén, Annika; Pommer, Bernhard; Lei, Deng; Paley, Dror (2012). Congenital Pseudarthrosis of the Tibia: Combined Pharmacologic and Surgical Treatment Using Biphosphonate Intravenous Infusion and Bone Morphogenic Protein with Periosteal and Cancellous Autogenous Bone Grafting, Tibio-Fibular Cross Union, Intramedullary. INTECH Open Access Publisher. ISBN 9789535103240.
- Paley, Dror (2014). Principles of Deformity Correction. Springer. ISBN 9783642593734.
- Paley, Dror; Birch, John; Prince, Daniel (2017). Congenital Deficiencies of the Long Bones: Reconstruction of Congenital Femoral Deficiency, Fibular and Tibial Hemimelia, and Radial and Ulnar Aplasias. Springer Berlin Heidelberg. ISBN 9783540881087.
Paley lives in West Palm Beach and has three children. He is fluent in six languages and practices cycling, skiing and rock climbing.
- "Dror Paley". Academia.edu.
- Martinez-Ramundo, Denise; Ritter, Bill (24 February 2012). "Man 'Grows' 6 Inches Through Surgery". ABC News.
- "Surgical Team". Rubin Institute for Advanced Orthopedics. Archived from the original on 2009-01-22. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "Paley, Dror (CPSO#: 31990)". The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- "Practitioner Profile Search". MBP - Practitioner Profile System. Maryland Board of Physicians.
- "License Verification For Practitioner Details". MQA Search Portal. Florida Department of Health. Retrieved 17 November 2017.
- Green, Stuart A.; Dahl, Mark T. (2017). Intramedullary Limb Lengthening: Principles and Practice. Springer. p. 180. ISBN 9783319602974.
- "Ellipse Technologies Receives FDA Clearance for Next Generation of Unique Limb Lengthening System". Market Wired. Ellipse Technologies. 4 February 2014.
- "Press-release: Smith & Nephew releases new Modular Rail System in collaboration with Dr. Dror Paley". Mar 20, 2013.
- Kaplan, Michelle (March 27, 2014). "Doctor on a mission to save limbs and lives". The Palm Beach Post.