Duane Peters and The Hunns on stage at The Warped Tour
|Also known as||The Master of Disaster|
|Born||June 12, 1961|
Orange County, California, United States
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, Skateboarder|
|Associated acts||U.S. Bombs, Political Crap, Die' Hunns, Duane Peters Gunfight, Exploding Fuckdolls, The Great Unwashed|
Duane Thomas Peters (born June 12, 1961), nicknamed "The Master of Disaster", is a punk rock singer/songwriter and professional skateboarder. Active since 1975, he is probably best known as the singer in the California punk rock band U.S. Bombs, which formed in 1993.
Peters is credited for inventing many tricks, such as the "acid drop" into a pool/bowl, the "layback grind", the "Indy air", the "Sweeper", the "backside layback grind revert", the "fakie hang-up" (a.k.a. "Disaster"), the "invert revert", the "fakie thruster", and the "loop of death", a full 360-degree rotation in a specially designed loop. He also, along with Neil Blender, helped to evolve the footplant into the more dynamic fastplant.
Peters was one of the very first high-profile skaters to embrace punk rock, cutting his hair short and narrowing his jeans when most skaters were still wearing 1970s fashions. As shown on an Eye on LA television segment, Duane left the punk rock movement for the softer sound of "New Romantic/White Funk" music; even forming a band by the name of Tan-Dane.
Peters was named Transworld Skateboarding's "Legend" in 2003. He is a professional skateboarder who rides for Pocket Pistols Skates. In May 2005, Black Label Skateboards released a biographic film, entitled Who Cares: The Duane Peters Story,. A second documentary, planned by havocTV, and intended to focus on the supposed path to sobriety of Peters and then-girl friend Corey Parks, was publicised but failed to appear. In 2006, a sober Peters, had a cameo in the Joan Jett video Androgynous, directed by Morgan Higby Night.
Along with skateboarding, Peters is a well-known punk rock singer. He has formed bands such as the US Bombs, Political Crap, Die' Hunns (also known as Duane Peters and The Hunns), Duane Peters Gunfight, and Exploding Fuckdolls. He was formerly connected with two defunct record labels: Disaster Records, (owned by Patrick Boissel of Alive Records), and – later – Indian Recordings (owned by Ponk Media).
In 2000, Peters formed Duane Peters and The Hunns with Rob Milucky (previously of The Grabbers and The Pushers). Within two years, the band released three full-length albums and undertook both national and European tours. At a The Damned show in 2002, Peters met Corey Parks, who had just left her previous band, Nashville Pussy. Parks joined Duane Peters and the Hunns on bass guitar and soon the band changed their name to Die Hunns. Die Hunns recorded a fourth full-length album entitled Long Legs, Die' Hunns, and embarked on another tour.
Peters' 20-year-old son Chess (Chelsea) Peters was killed in a car accident on July 6, 2007.
On April 9, 2014, Peters was sentenced to five years' probation after pleading guilty to a domestic violence charge. "As part of his sentencing, Peters was ordered to attend a domestic violence counseling program for one year and complete 60 days of community service[...]. He was also ordered to stay away from the victim [his former girlfriend] for 10 years."
- American Bomb 7"
- Crack the Safe LP
- 2012 Double CD Vinyl Dog Singles & Live '93 @ KUCI
- Scouts of America double 7"
- Put Strength in the Final Blow LP
- U.S. Bombs EP
- Garibaldi Guard! LP
- Nevermind the Opened Minds EP
- "Outtakes from a Beer City Basement" 7"
- Jaks 10" picture disc
- War Birth LP
- "split w/ The Bristles" 7"
- The Great Lakes of Beer 7"
- "Hobroken Dreams" 7"
- The World LP
- 2001/Lost in America Live LP
- "Tora Tora Tora" 7"
- Back at the Laundromat LP
- "Art Kills" 7"
- Covert Action LP
- Bomb Everything DVD
- Put Strength in the Final Blow: Disaster Edition CD
- "We are the Problem" 7"
- We are the Problem LP
- Death From Above 10" picture disc
- Generation Kennedy No More CD
- "Not Gonna Pay" 7"
- Unite LP
- Tickets to Heaven LP
- Split with The Revolvers EP
- Wayward Bantams LP
- "Wild" 7"
- Long Legs LP
- "Time Has Come Today" 7"
- "Marshall Law" 7" Split with Radio One
- You Rot Me LP
- Live Fast... Die Hunns LP
- Live In Chi-Town DVD (Ambervillain Films)
Duane Peters Gunfight
- "Hell Mary"/"Gunfighter" 7"
- Duane Peters Gunfight LP
- split w/ GG Allin 7" (2 different versions, US and UK)
- Forever Chess 7"
- Checkmate LP
The Great Unwashed
- Beautiful Tragedy LP
- 1st in 1981 Skate City Whittier Pro-Am: vert.
- According to Family Tree Legends, a "Duane T Peters" was born on June 12, 1961 in Orange County. Coincidence? 
- "Duane Peters Biography". jrank. Retrieved January 5, 2008.
- "Duane Peters". skatelegends.com. Archived from the original on November 9, 2007. Retrieved January 5, 2008.
- "WHO CARES DVD review". SkateDaily.net. Archived from the original on October 23, 2007. Retrieved January 5, 2008.
- "New Duane Peters Documentary". HavocTV. Archived from the original on February 19, 2009. Retrieved January 5, 2008.
- Brian Brannon. "Duane Peters feature". SkateRock.com. Retrieved January 5, 2008.
- http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1757202.php Orange County Register article on son's death
- "POLITICAL CRAP: Slow Death: 7" | Razorcake". Razorcake. 2017-08-02. Retrieved 2017-09-15.
- "Slope Records, artist, Political Crap". Slope Records.