Dublin County West (Dáil Éireann constituency)
|Dublin County West|
|Former Dáil Éireann
|County/City council||County Dublin
Dublin County West was a short-lived parliamentary constituency represented in Dáil Éireann, the lower house of the Irish parliament or Oireachtas from 1977 to 1981. The constituency elected 3 deputies (Teachtaí Dála, commonly known as TDs) to the Dáil, using the single transferable vote form of proportional representation (PR-STV).
History and boundaries
The constituency was created by the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1974, for the 1977 general election. It was abolished by the Electoral (Amendment) Act 1980. It became part of the Dublin West constituency, created for the 1981 general election.
It consisted of the following areas:
- "In the administrative county of Dublin, the district electoral divisions of:
- and, in the administrative county of Kildare, the district electoral divisions of:
- and the following wards in the county borough of Dublin:
|Teachtaí Dála (TDs) for Dublin County West 1977–1981|
Note: The columns in this table are used only for presentational purposes, and no significance should be attached to the order of columns. For details of the order in which seats were won at each election, see the detailed results of that election.
1977 general election
|1977 general election: Dublin County West|
|Fianna Fáil||Brian Lenihan||10,010||27.6||1|
|Fine Gael||Mark Clinton||7,255||17.5||2|
|Fianna Fáil||Liam Lawlor||6,328||20.0||3|
|Fianna Fáil||Terence Boylan||4,287||11.8|
|Labour Party||Justin Keating||3,931||10.8|
|Labour Party||Joseph Connolly||2,769||7.6|
|Fine Gael||Brian Fleming||1,683||4.6|
|Electorate: 49,829 Valid: 36,263 Quota: 9,066 Turnout: 72.8%|
- Parliamentary constituencies in the Republic of Ireland
- Politics of the Republic of Ireland
- List of historic Dáil Éireann constituencies
- Elections in the Republic of Ireland
- "Electoral (Amendment) Act, 1974: Schedule (Constituencies)". Irish Statute Book database. Archived from the original on 20 January 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "Electoral (Amendment) Act, 1980: Schedule (Constituencies)". Irish Statute Book database. Archived from the original on 21 October 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- Walker, Brian M, ed. (1992). Parliamentary election results in Ireland, 1918–92. Dublin: Royal Irish Academy. ISBN 0-901714-96-8. ISSN 0332-0286.
- "General election 1977: Dublin County West". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 12 February 2009.