||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
In more than 20 years of professional experience he participated in several exhibitions, lectures, and juries, and five times has been awarded with “Lux” National Photography Prizes, granted by the Spanish Association of Professional Photographers. He collaborates with architects such as Alvaro Siza, Herzog & de Meuron, Rafael Moneo, EMBT, and Coop Himmelb(l)au, and his photographs are regularly featured in specialized magazines and publishing houses worldwide.  
After graduating in Architecture cum laude from the Genoa University, he moved to Barcelona to begin his career as an architect. He soon joined the studio MBM (Martorell-Bohigas-Mackay) Arquitectos, where, among other responsibilities, he led the winning team for the “Un Progetto per Siena” international competition. In 1989 he won a scholarship granted by the “CNR” (Italian National Research Centre) for a research on Spanish Contemporary Architecture. Carrying out the research he took up his youthful interest in photography and his images obtained general recognition. In 1991 he decided to devote himself entirely to architectural photography. Along with his work as a photographer, Duccio Malagamba is the author of various articles on photography and architecture and from 1995 to 2008 he was, first the technical editor and then, the editor of the "Gran Formato" section of the Spanish magazine ‘Diseño Interior’.
He conceives his work as ‘architectural reportages’ -rather than a series of separate shots- that aim to transmit to the observer a complex range of emotions, experiences and thoughts, providing a full, multi-faceted view of the subject. Nevertheless, the primary purpose of his visual investigation is to inspire and stimulate the viewer more than to transmit objective information about the portrayed intervention.
- Álvaro Siza: Museu Serralves Porto. Museum Building Guides. Photographic Essay by Duccio Magamba. Barcelona: Ediciones Polígrafa. 2011. ISBN 978-84-343-1283-8.
- Okatsuka, Akiko (2009). "Photography / Inspiration – Readings of Architectural Inspiration Through Photographs". A+U (Architecture & Urbanism) (460).
- Ludevid, Jordi (2008). "Fotografia D’Arquitectura: Duccio Malagamba". INDE Informació i Debat, Collegi d’Arquitectes de Catalunya (5/08).
- Rodger, Nelda (2007). "Give Us Your Best Shot: Ake E:son Lindman, Duccio Malagamba, Cristobal Palma, Edmund Sumner, Nic Lehoux". Azure (174).
- Arenas, Carlos (2006). "Duccio Malagamba. Arquitectura Espectáculo". Salir Salir Urban (64).
- Elwall, Robert (2004). Building with Light. The international History of Architectural Photography. London: Merrell. ISBN 978-1-85894-215-5.
- Gagliardi, Maria Letizia (2004). La Misura dello Spazio. Fotografia e Architettura: Conversazioni con i Protagonisti. Rome: Contrasto. ISBN 978-88-6965-224-0.
- Through the Lens. International Architectural Photographers. Victoria (Australia): Images Publishing. 2002. ISBN 978-1-876907-26-6.
- Alvaro Siza (Archipockets). Te Neues. 2002. ISBN 978-3-8238-5580-4.
- Pinto Guedes, Jorge (2002). "Fotografia de Arquitectura". Arte Fotográfica (24).
- Ambrós, Jordi (1999). "Fotografía de Arquitectura. Duccio Malagamba: Alguien teme al fotógrafo de arquitectura?". ON Diseño (209).
- Dechau, Wilfried (1995). Architektur Abbilden. Stuttgart: Deutsche Verlags-Anstalt. ISBN 978-3-421-03092-4.
- Dechau, Wilfried (1995). "Architekturfotografie. Duccio Malagamba". Deutsche Bauzeitung (129).
- Duccio Malagamba Fotografía de Arquitectura - Official Homepage
- Interview with Duccio Malagamba in ArchDaily
- Duccio Malagamba in Plataforma de Arquitectura
- Duccio Malagamba’s interview for Vitruvius
- Selected Projects by Alvaro Siza in Dezeen
- Architectural Review: Duccio Malagamba navigates the vast lengths and breadths of Brasilia
- Photo Collection at the Eckhart Gallery
- Photo reportage of Brasilia in Arcspace