Dunbrody Country House Hotel
Dunbrody Country House Hotel (also referred to as Dunbrody Country House Hotel and Restaurant) is an Irish Georgian manor turned-restaurant in Arthurstown in New Ross, County Wexford, owned by the award-winning Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon and his wife Catherine. It is a regular haunt of celebrities such as Bono and Graham Norton when they visit the area and its food has been reviewed by Irish publications such as The Sunday Business Post as well as being recommended by Italy. Dundon runs a famous cookery school, which has been mentioned on New York's CBS programme, The Saturday Early Show.
Dunbrody Country House Hotel and Restaurant has been described in the Irish media as a building which is "beautifully proportioned" and similar in style to that of Queen Anne. Its interior is reportedly "bursting with interesting historical minutiae" and its decorative style balances the "tasteful" with the "sympathetic".
Dunbrody Country House Hotel and Restaurant had opened by 2001. Originally an 1830s Georgian manor, it was previously the ancestral home of the Chichesters. A spa was opened on location in 2005.
Ross Golden Bannon of The Sunday Business Post published a negative review of his and his compatriots' "depressing" experience at Dunbrody Country House Hotel and Restaurant in October 2001. He bemoaned the fact that himself and his accomplices had to pour their own wine, implying that a restaurant of this calibre ought to employ wine pourers, and complained that the food was overcooked and too salty.
When Kevin Dundon appeared on the CBS programme, The Saturday Early Show on 17 March 2007, they mentioned his ownership of Dunbrody.
Dunbrody County House Hotel and Restaurant has won the Bushmills Guide Restaurant of the Year 2004, the Jameson Guide Breakfast of the Year 2004 and three RAC Dining Awards. It has been awarded Restaurant of the Year thrice, in 2004, 2005 and 2006.
- "Dunbrody Country House Hotel and Restaurant". The Sunday Business Post. 2001-10-28. Archived from the original on 2005-05-12. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "St. Paddy's On A Shoestring". CBS. 2007-07-07. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Dunbrody Country House Hotel" Archived 2007-11-17 at the Wayback Machine.. Ireland Adventures. Accessed 25 April 2009.
- "Viaggio nell'Isola di Smeraldo: in Irlanda con Small Luxury Hotels of the World". ilTurista. 2009-04-21. Retrieved 2009-04-25.
- "Speaker Solutions". Speaker Solutions. Accessed 25 April 2009.
- "HEAT - Kevin Dundon and Kevin Thornton". RTÉ. Accessed 25 April 2009.