Durmus A. Demir
|Durmuş A. Demir|
|Born||10 March 1967
Silifke, Mersin, Turkey
|Institutions||Izmir Institute of Technology|
|Alma mater||Middle East Technical University, University of Minnesota, University of Pennsylvania, ICTP, TPI, DESY|
|Doctoral advisor||Namık Kemal Pak, Paul Langacker|
Durmuş Ali Demir (born March 10, 1967) is a Turkish theoretical physicist and a dean of the Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences at the Izmir Institute of Technology where he is the ex-chair of the Physics Department. His research areas include supersymmetric standard model, extra dimensions and general relativity.
- 2009 - Full Member, TWAS 
- 2006 - The Humboldt Prize (Alexander von Humboldt Foundation Prize)
- 2005 - TUBITAK Young Scientist Prize
- 2004 - TUBA Young Scientist Prize
- 2001 - TGC Sedat Simavi Science Award
- 1997 - METU Parlar Foundation Encouragement Award
- Demir DA, Everett LL, Langacker P (2008). "Dirac Neutrino Masses from Generalized Supersymmetry Breaking". Physical Review Letters. 100: 091804. arXiv: . Bibcode:2008PhRvL.100i1804D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.100.091804. PMID 18352699.
- Demir DA, Masiero M, Vives O (1999). "Fully supersymmetric CP violation in K and B systems". Physical Review Letters. 82: 2447–2450. arXiv: . Bibcode:1999PhRvL..82.2447D. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.82.2447.
- Complete list at SPIRES
- "TUBA - Prof. Dr. Durmuş Ali Demir". Archived from the original on September 25, 2010. Retrieved 2009-05-01.
- "The Graduate School of Engineering and Sciences- IYTE". Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "Durmuş Ali Demir (Ex-Chairperson)". Izmir Institute of Technology. Retrieved 2009-04-21.
- "Full Member". TWAS. Retrieved 2010-01-02.
- "Alexander von Humboldt prize awarded to Professor Durmus Ali Demir". TUBA (Turkish Academy of Science). Retrieved 2009-04-22.
|This article about a Turkish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|