Film poster for the 1975 exploitation film Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS
October 14, 1943|
Greenwich, Connecticut, US
Dyanne Thorne (born October 14, 1943, in Greenwich, Connecticut, US) is an American actress, nude model for pin-up magazines, and former Las Vegas showgirl. She is best known for starring in three "Ilsa" sexploitation movies that influenced the Nazi exploitation film genre.
Thorne first appeared as "Lahna Monroe" in the 1964 sexploitation film Sin in the Suburbs from grindhouse director Joseph W. Sarno. Thorne continued to make exploitation films and sex comedies such as Love Me Like I Do (1970) and Wam-Bam, Thank You, Spaceman (1973) before attaining notoriety as Ilsa, a cruel Nazi dominatrix similar to Audrey Campbell's Olga. Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1974) was a surprise hit that spawned three sequels and a flood of imitators.
Despite the fact that Ilsa was killed at the end of the film, she was resurrected for a sequel, Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks. This was set in the Middle East in an unspecified post-war time period. This was followed by Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia with Ilsa as the sadistic and over-sexed leader of a Russian gulag in 1953. The last film, Ilsa, the Wicked Warden takes place in a corrupt Latin American "banana republic" but is not part of the Ilsa saga. It's a completely different movie Jess Franco's Greta, the Mad Butcher retitled to catch on the Ilsa popularity.
Contrary to some publications, Thorne did start, but she did not complete, her studies for a degree in anthropology. Instead, during 10 years of simultaneous acting, she earned a Ph.D. in Comparative religion.
Thorne had married Howard Maurer in 1974. (Both had roles in five of the same movies.) As of late June 2014, both were ordained ministers, who owned an alternative wedding business in Las Vegas, Nevada. They conducted scenic outdoor weddings as an alternative to a traditional wedding chapel.
- Sin in the Suburbs (1964), Yvette Talman
- Point of Terror (1971), Andrea
- The Erotic Adventures of Pinocchio (1971), Fairy Godmother
- Blood Sabbath (1972), Alotta
- Snatched Women (1974)
- Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1974), Ilsa
- The Swinging Barmaids (1975)
- Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks (1976), Ilsa
- Chesty Anderson, USN (1976), Nurse
- Beyond Fulfillment (1976)
- Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia (1977), Ilsa
- Ilsa, the Wicked Warden a.k.a. Greta, the Mad Butcher and Wanda, the Wicked Warden (1977), Greta
- Hellhole (1985), Crysta
- Real Men (1987), Dad Pirandello
- House of Forbidden Secrets (2013), Greta Gristina
- House of the Witchdoctor (2013), Rose
- Exploitation (2018), Dyanne Thorne
- Felony Squad (1966), Diana Porter - in the episode "The Terror Trap"
- Felony Squad (1966), Miss Lucas - in the episode "Miss Reilly's Revenge"
- Star Trek (1968), First Girl - in the episode "A Piece of the Action"
- Space (1985), Entertainer
- Sarracino, Carmine; Scott, Kevin M. (2008). The Porning Of America: The Rise Of Porn Culture, What It Means, And Where We Go From Here. Beacon Press. p. 78. ISBN 978-0-8070-6153-4. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- Steve Graf and Randy Waage (2007). "A retroCRUSH INTERVIEW WITH THE STAR OF THE "ILSA" MOVIES". Retrocrush. Archived from the original on 2007-11-02. Retrieved 2007-09-30.
My earned degree is as a professor of comparative religions.
- "A SCENIC WEDDING... The Alternative To A Chapel Wedding". Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- "Wicked Vision Dyanne Thorne Article".
- "Dyanne Thorne Biography on IMDB".
- "Dyanne Thorne interview on Retrocrush".
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Dyanne Thorne|