European Federation of Food Science and Technology
The European Federation of Food Science and Technology (EFFoST) is a European-based non-governmental organization devoted to the advancement of food science and technology. It consists of eighty different societies in 21 different European countries. They are a regional group of the International Union of Food Science and Technology.
- Increase closer contacts among the academic, government, and industrial areas in food.
- Enhance rapid technology transfer to increase economic competitiveness in Europe.
- Promote continuing education within food science and technology.
- Standardize food law and its enforcement throughout Europe.
- Maintain collaborative relationships within the European food industry on Knowledge sharing.
- Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies (ISFET), the official scientific journal of EFFoST.
- Trends in Food Science and Technology (TIFS), a mini peer-review scientific journal that is more involved in product development than basic research.
- Food Processing Intelligence (FPI), the official EFFoST book published twice a year on the status of the food industry in Europe.
- Position papers on various issues in European food science and technology.
The Executive Committee consists of a President, Past President, President-Elect, four other elected officials, and twelve Members-At-Large.