||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public (SGX: 5DN))|
|Industry||Petroleum Oil & Gas|
|Headquarters||Singapore, Oslo, Houston|
|Mr Lionel Lee (Managing Director), Mr Koh Poh Tiong (Non-Executive Chairman)|
|Products||Offshore engineering and construction|
|Revenue||US$984.2 million (2012)|
Number of employees
|5,500 (January 2012)|
EMAS is a global offshore contractor and provider of integrated offshore solutions to the oil and gas (O&G) industry and operating brand for Ezra Holdings. The business was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Singapore. It began in Asia Pacific in the maritime industry with an advanced, modern and highly capable fleet of vessels. The company quickly expanded, listing EMAS on the Singapore stock exchange in 2003 and adding a world-class fabrication facilities in Vietnam. Over the next few years, EMAS added its construction and production division, listed EOC Limited on the Oslo Stock Exchange in 2007 and created an energy division, offering onshore and offshore drilling and well services. In 2011, EMAS embarked on a highly strategic acquisition of Aker Marine Contractors, a subsea construction and installation technology group.
- 1992 Founded. Incorporated EMAS Offshore to provide management and operation of offshore support vessels
- 2003 Launch of Initial Public Offering (IPO) in Singapore 
- 2005 Acquisition of Vietnam Fabrication Yard, Asian Technical Maritime Services Ltd (ATMS) through wholly owned subsidiary HCM Logistics Limited & Promoted to SGX Main Board 
- 2007 Buys strategic stake of 21.83% for S$16.5m in SGX-listed Nylect Technology Limited to extend its oil & gas support services activities 
- 2008 Listing of Production & Construction division, EOC Limited, on the Mainboard of the Oslo Stock Exchange raising approximately US$ S$260 million 
- 2011 Acquisition of Aker Marine Contractors AS (AMC) from Aker Solutions AS (a subsidiary of Oslo Bǿrslisted Aker Solutions ASA)
- 2011 Singapore's EMAS wins three charters worth $73 million
EMAS operates four main business segments that together have the ability to execute a full spectrum of life-of-field engineering, construction, marine and production services throughout the world.
EMAS AMC, EMAS's subsea construction division has over 40 years in design, construction, transportation and field installation. The group has completed a wide range of global offshore installation and subsea construction projects, including the transportation and installation of the world's largest man-made structure. Service offerings include subsea construction, IMR (inspection, maintenance & repair), floater and FPSO (floating, production, storage & offloading) installation, SURF installation, pipelay & heavylift, floatover installation and decommissioning.
EMAS Energy provides well intervention and drilling services both onshore and offshore, offering fully integrated solutions that combine its marine assets with cutting-edge intervention equipment and services. The range includes workover, drilling, fluid pumping, nitrogen and pipeline & process services.
EMAS Marine manages and operates a fleet of anchor handling, towing & supply vessels, anchor handling tugs, platform supply vessels and fast crew utility boats. These vessels support the O&G industry in a wide range of offshore operations throughout the oilfield life cycle.
EMAS Production, under approximately 46.5%-owned EOC Limited, owns and operates FPSO facilities, offering services such as FPSO conversion management and the operation & maintenance of production facilities. It has the capability to design and provide FPSO/FSO mooring & riser systems and turrets, and fluid transfer systems.
The Group offers offshore fabrication and construction, logistics, engineering and support services out of Vietnam from its yard facilities in Ho Chi Minh City and Vung Tau, as well as in Hinna, Norway and Houston, USA.
On Nov 29th, 2011, EMAS secured its first contracts in Brazil, whereby it will charter out four vessels for an average of 4.25 at a total price of US$231 million.
EMAS Achieves Half-Billion-Dollar Milestone In Sales For FY11, Group Orderbook Exceeds Record US$1.2B.
Mr cavan chan serves as Executive Chairman of EMAS while Mr Lee Chye Tek Lionel serves as the Managing Director of EMAS. As Managing Director, Mr Lionel Lee manages its business and oversees day-to-day operations.
Acquisition of Aker Marine Contractor
EMAS announced the completion of the acquisition of Aker Marine Contractors (AMC) of Houston on March 1, 2011. AMC was valued at US$250 million. Ezra has settled the transaction by paying Aker Solutions US$50 million in cash, $100 million in shares in Ezra Holdings Ltd, and $50 million in a convertible bond with maturity after 36 months. The share instruments have been valued on weighted average price per share over the last 30 days preceding signing. The final $50-million-plus interest will be settled in cash on and subsequent to delivery of the AMC Connector vessel. Upon delivery of AMC Connector, Ezra will take 50 percent ownership in the vessel owning company. The other half will remain under Aker Solutions ownership.
- "Annual Report 2012" (PDF). Ezra Holdings.
- "Annual Report 2012" (PDF). Ezra Holdings.
- "Ezra Holdings Limited". Yahoo Finance.
- "EMAS Website". EMAS Website. Retrieved 2011-08-31.[dead link]
- "EMAS Website". EMAS Website. Retrieved 2011-08-03.[dead link]
- "EMAS". Business Wire. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Company History". EMAS website. Retrieved 2011-07-26.
- "Ezra IPO". Share Investor. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Acquisition of Vietnam Fabrication Yard". Offshore Shipping Online. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Ezra takes a bite of Nylect". Upstream. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "EOC Listing on Oslo-Boers". Oslo-Boers. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Acquisition of Aker Marine Contractors". World Oil. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Singapore's Ezra wins three charters worth $73 million". Reuters. Retrieved 2011-08-03.
- "Ezra Seals AMC Acquisition". Bloomberg website. Retrieved 2011-03-01.[dead link]
- "EMAS's Subsea Construction Division EMAS AMC Awarded Contract by BP in the Gulf of Mexico". Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 2011-10-28.[dead link]
- "EMAS completes installation of 38 km (24 mi) umbilical for Shell in Gulf of Mexico". Offshore Energy Today. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "EMAS AMC Completes Installation of 38 km (24 mi) Umbilical for Shell in Gulf of Mexico". Subsea world News. Retrieved 2011-05-19.
- "EMAS Production is set to take delivery of one of Vietnam's largest Floating Production Storage and Offloading vessels". Offshore Energy Today. Retrieved 2011-04-15.
- "Fabrication, Construction & Engineering". EMAS. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "EMAS gets Brazil entry ticket". UpstreamOnline. Retrieved 2011-11-29.
- "Ezra: Achieves Half-Billion-Dollar Milestone In Sales For FY11, Group Orderbook Exceeds Record US$1.2B.". Share Investor. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "EMAS AMC Books 2nd Gig at BP's Atlantis Field". TB Petroleum. Retrieved 2011-10-28.
- "Ezra vaults towards its US$1b order book goal". Business Times. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "EMAS AMC". Bloomberg website. Retrieved 2011-07-26.