|Founders||Vincent Vandegans and Bart Verschueren|
eRowz (formerly trading as BC.Net) is a vertical search engine, with a specialisation of classified advertising in sectors such as cars, product sales and real estate. The businesses strength is in its range of websites (e.g. for-sale.co.uk and for-sale.com), which provide niche country specific offerings for the sale of second hand goods via online classified advertising, reaching around reach around 7 million visits per month.
eRowz was founded and patented in Belgium in mid-2011 by Vincent Vandegans and Bart Verschueren. Initially commencing with a classified website in France, followed by Italy, eRowz now operates in fourteen countries globally with a portfolio of classified advertising related websites. The group of sites are published in seven different languages and receive more than seven million unique visitors each month.
How eRowz works
eRowz is a custom built search engine that currently crawls real estate, cars and product related classified advertisements to obtain unstructured data. Another source of data are frequent data feeds and API interfaces with partners such as eBay, Amazon and Kelkoo.
The data acquired is then aggregated into one giant eRowz database. This data is then presented real-time to visitors based on their preferences, settings and searches. Visitors can set-up alerts for new items for sale matching their criteria. eRowz uses geolocation technology to help the visitor find products which are closest to the place they live.
eRowz was selected in the Tie50 International Entrepreneur in 2015. eRowz also won the Trend Awards in 2014 for its fast rate of growth. It was finalist at the Enteprize of the Year by Ernst & Young
- "BC.net details". www.wsl.be. Archived from the original on 31 March 2016. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Demystifying the World of Online Classified Advertising". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Grandir sans investisseurs, c'est possible". Le Soir. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "eRowz, le moteur de recherche wallon qui tutoie Amazon et eBay". RTBF International. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "For-sale.co.uk (Bc.net)". EBay. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Vincent Vandegans Digital Strategist". LinkedIn. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Bart Verschueren CEO at eRowz". LinkedIn. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "Erowz, l'agrégateur de petites annonces cartonne". Lecho. Retrieved 23 June 2016.
- "The Internet; Empowering Us to Sell Second Hand Goods Online Profitably". BDaily. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "20 FREE Classified Advertising Tips to Sell Second Hand Goods Online". The Drum. Archived from the original on 2 July 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "eRowz.com – Bringing Order to the Chaos of Buying and Selling Second Hand Goods Online via Classified Advertising". Journalism.co.uk. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "8 Belgian start-ups represent Belgium at TiEcon conference in California". The Brussels Times. 21 May 2015. Retrieved 23 June 2016.