Type of site
|Founder(s)||Pierre Chappaz, Mauricio Lopez|
|Key people||Richard Stables, CEO 2009-|
|Services||Price comparison service, Online advertising|
|Launched||November 30, 1999|
In 2000 Kelkoo merged with Zoomit, Dondecomprar and Shopgenie. The company was bought by Yahoo! on 26 March, 2004. and was subsequently sold by Yahoo to Jamplant, a British private equity firm, in 2008. On 13 October, 2016 Kelkoo, the ecommerce advertising and price comparison platform, announced the acquisition of LeGuide group,  updating its branding to reflect the acquisition: Kelkoo Group.
Kelkoo Group operates in 22 countries (Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, United States and Mexico).
Kelkoo was founded in 1999 by Pierre Chappaz and Mauricio Lopez. Initial funding of $3 million was provided by Banexi Ventures and Innovacom. Once Kelkoo merged with 3 other European businesses, it absorbed those founders into one single collective, consisting of Per Siljubergsåsen, William Klippgen, Philip Wilkinson, and Jorge Garcia
In April 2000, within days of each other, Kelkoo merged with Spanish-based Dondecomprar.com and UK based competitor ShopGenie, founded by Philip Wilkinson. In September of the same year, Kelkoo merged with Norway-based Zoomit.com, paying the Zoomit-shareholders in shares amounting to a third of Kelkoo's total equity making Zoomit.com the largest entity within "new" Kelkoo.
In October 2016, Kelkoo acquired LeGuide group, the price comparison market leader in France. This newly formed group of two historical players had a major impact on the industry, with Kelkoo becoming the European leader in shopping comparison, a unique international position. Kelkoo Group has 20 years of experience in ecommerce, digital advertising and consumer analytics, and is committed to driving exceptional revenue growth for merchants and publishers.
Kelkoo has been profitable since Q4 2002. Similar to other price comparison services in how it operates, Kelkoo has focused much of its marketing on capturing users through SEO and launching partner sites including ITV's PriceTerrier.com.
In addition to being a price comparison site, Kelkoo also offers an API webservice where other price comparison websites, such as PriceSpin.com shopping comparison website, and SmartShopper.com price comparison browser add-on, use data and content from Kelkoo's database. This is a shared revenue business model. Kelkoo offers an affiliate commission to the partner sites who use their data for every qualified click that they generate.
In popular culture
In October 2005 a book on Kelkoo appeared in French called Ils ont réussi leur start-up! La success-story de Kelkoo. written by Julien Codorniou and Cyrille de Lasteyrie.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2009-12-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Spain's Dondecomprar.com merged with Kelkoo.com
- European Merger Creates E-Commerce Giant
- Consumer Releases: Zoomit Merger[permanent dead link]
- Kelkoo seals MSN deal Archived 2007-09-27 at the Wayback Machine
- "Yahoo! Inc. - Company Timeline". Wayback Machine. 2008-07-13. Archived from the original on 2008-07-13. Retrieved 2016-07-19.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Yahoo! to Acquire Kelkoo Archived 2007-07-01 at the Wayback Machine
- ITV’s PriceTerrier Goes Live
- "PriceSpin Data Partners". Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- SmartShopper Partners Archived 2010-08-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Kelkoo Shopping Web Services
- Kelkoo arrives in Brazil Archived 2013-04-05 at the Wayback Machine
- Amazon.fr : Ils ont réussi leur Start-up ! : La Success Story de Kelkoo: Livres: Julien Codorniou, Cyrille de Lasteyrie, Pierre Chappaz