Easily Slip Into Another World
|Easily Slip Into Another World|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||September 20, 1987|
|Studio||Mediasound Studio, New York City|
|Henry Threadgill chronology|
Recording and music
The album was recorded at Mediasound Studio, New York City, on September 20, 1987.
The album features five of Threadgill's compositions (six on CD) and one by Olu Dara. The musicians are Threadgill with Frank Lacy, Rasul Siddik, Fred Hopkins, Diedre Murray, Pheeroan akLaff and Reggie Nicholson, with guest vocalist Asha Puthli (credited as Aisha Putli) added on "My Rock".
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
The AllMusic review by Stephen Cook awarded the album 4 stars, stating, "Easily Slip Into Another World and Threadgill's other Novus titles (You Know the Number and Rag, Bush and All) offer a fine introduction to the work of one of jazz's best and most underrated composers and improvisers".
All compositions by Henry Threadgill except as indicated
- "I Can't Wait Till I Get Home" (Olu Dara) - 4:04
- "Black Hands Bejewelled" - 7:03
- "Spotted Dick is Pudding" - 8:51
- "Let Me Look Down Your Throat or Say Ah" - 7:11 Bonus track on CD
- "My Rock" - 8:09
- "Hall" - 4:02
- "Award the Squadtett" - 6:59
- Henry Threadgill - alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, bass flute
- Rasul Siddik - trumpet
- Frank Lacy - trombone
- Diedre Murray - cello
- Fred Hopkins - bass
- Reggie Nicholson - percussion
- Pheeroan akLaff - percussion
- Asha Puthli (credited as Aisha Putli) - vocals (track 5)
- Backstrom, L. & Lopez, R. Henry Threadgill discography accessed December 26, 2018.
- Cook, Stephen. "Henry Threadgill Sextett: Easily Slip Into Another World". AllMusic. Retrieved December 26, 2018.
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (1992). The Penguin Guide to Jazz on CD, LP & Cassette (1st ed.). Penguin. p. 1056. ISBN 978-0-14-015364-4.