Easton's Bible Dictionary
The Illustrated Bible Dictionary,[n 1] better known as Easton's Bible Dictionary, is a reference work on topics related to the Christian Bible compiled by Matthew George Easton. The first edition was published in 1893 and a revised edition was published the following year. The most popular edition, however, was the third, which was published by Thomas Nelson in 1897, three years after Easton's death. The last contains nearly 4,000 entries relating to the Bible from a 19th-century perspective. Many of the entries in Easton's are encyclopedic in nature, although there are also short dictionary-type entries.
Because of its age, it is now a public domain resource.
- Full title: Illustrated Bible Dictionary and Treasury of Biblical History, Biography, Geography, Doctrine, and Literature with Numerous Illustrations and Important Chronological Tables and Maps.
- Easton, Matthew George, ed. (1893), Illustrated Bible Dictionary..., New York: Harper & Bros.
- Easton, M.G., ed. (1894), Illustrated Bible Dictionary... Rev. ed., London: T. Nelson & Sons.
- Easton, M.G., ed. (1897), Illustrated Bible Dictionary... 3rd ed., London: T. Nelson & Sons.
- Works related to Easton's Bible Dictionary (1897) at Wikisource
- Full text of Easton's Bible Dictionary at the Christian Classics Ethereal Library
- Webster's 1828, Easton and Smith's Bible Dictionaries - Android App
- Webster's 1828, Easton and Smith's Bible Dictionaries - IOS App
|This article about a book related to Christianity is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Scotland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|