|Genres||Glam Rock, hair metal, hard rock|
|Labels||Z Records, Frontiers|
Eclipse is a Swedish rock band. The group is composed of frontman Erik Mårtensson, guitarist Magnus Henriksson, bassist Magnus Ulfstedt, and drummer Philip Crusner. They participated in Melodifestivalen 2016 with the song "Runaways", where they placed fifth in the fourth semi-final, not progressing to the final.
The band was formed in 1999 in Stockholm by singer/guitarist/bassist Erik Mårtensson and drummer/keyboardist Anders Berlin. Together with guitarist Magnus Henriksson they received a record deal with English label Z Records. The band's debut album, The Truth and A Little More was released in 2001.
Eclipse later received a contract with the Italian label Frontiers Records in April 2004 released the album Second To None. In 2008, they released the album Are You Ready to Rock. Erik Mårtensson then wrote most of the song material for the side project WET which consisted of members from Work of Art (W), Eclipse (E) and Talisman (T). Their self-titled debut was released in 2009 and became famous in the genre of melodic hard rock and the AOR radio format.
The band released their fifth album Armageddonize in February 2015, which debuted at number-49 on Sverigetopplistan. On 30, November 2015, SVT announced that Eclipse would participate in Melodifestivalen 2016 with the song "Runaways". The song was written by Erik Mårtensson, and competed in the fourth semi-final which took place February 27 in Gävle. Eclipse finished in fifth place and were eliminated from the competition.
The band release their sixth album Monumentum in March 2017 and appears on day 1 of the Frontiers Rock Festival IV held in Trezzo (Milano), Italy, 29–30 March 2017. In support of the album release, the band started a nine-country 18-date tour on 31 March 2017.
- Erik Mårtensson – vocals, guitar, bass (1999–present)
- Magnus Henriksson – guitar (1999–present)
- Magnus Ulfstedt – bass (2014–present), drums (2000–2006)
- Philip Crusner – drums (2015–present)
- Anders Berlin – drums, keyboard, percussion (1999–2004)
- Fredrik Folkare – bass (2003–2008)
- Johannes Kagelind – bass
- Peter Hallgren – bass
- Johan Berlin – keyboard (2006–?)
- Robban Bäck – drums (2006–2015)
Guest performances in the studio
- Mats Olausson – keyboard
- Kee Marcello – guitar
- Annelie Pandora Magnusson - vocals
- Madeleine Johansson – cello
- Johan Fahlberg - background vocals
- David Wallin - background vocals
- The Truth and a Little More (2001)
- Second to None (2004)
- Are You Ready to Rock (2008)
- Bleed & Scream (2012)
- Are You Ready to Rock MMXIV (2014)
- Armageddonize (2015)
- Armageddonize Deluxe edition (2016)
- Monumentum (2017)
- "Bleed & Scream" / "Come Hell or High Water" / "Into the Fire" (2012)
- "Stand On Your Feet" (2015)
- "Runaways" (2016)
- "Vertigo" (2017) [released 12 January 2017; 1st single from Momentum]
- "Never Look Back" (2017) [released 31 January 2017; 2nd single from Momentum]
- "Femteplats räckte inte för Eclipse". VLT. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Eclipse – Runaways". svt.se. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- 100 Percent Rock: INTERVIEW – Erik Martensson, W.E.T. – February 2013
- "Bleed & Scream" på Sverigetopplistan
- Escudero, Victor M. (30 November 2015). "Sweden: Who will compete in Melodifestivalen 2016?". eurovision.tv. European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- Petersson, Emma (27 February 2016). "Molly Sandén och Frans är i final i Melodifestivalen 2016". svt.se (in Swedish). Sveriges Television. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Frontiers Rock Festival IV". Frontiers Music Srl. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "Eclipse Monumentum 2017 tour dates". Eclipse. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Eclipse Monumentum Vertigo - single". frontiers.it. Retrieved 2017-02-09.
- "Eclipse Monumentum Never Look Back - single". Eclipse Facebook. Retrieved 2017-02-10.