This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||SZSE: 002351|
|Products||Loudspeakers, Headphones, Audio equipment|
Number of employees
Edifier specializes in sound systems. They offer a range of speakers, music systems, and headphones for personal & home entertainment.
Established in May 1996 in Beijing, China.
Today, Edifier has distributors in over 70 countries, with operations in North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific.
There are 3,000 employees worldwide.
Their manufacturing facilities produce 8 million units every year for home, consumer electronics and PC multimedia applications.
- April 1998 - Established first production center in Beijing, China
- 1999 - Became the first to manufacture 2.1 and 4.1 speakers with wooden enclosures in China. The satellite + subwoofer design made Edifier a household brand across Mainland China for their computer speakers.
- 2000 - Edifier introduced its range of 5.1 speakers that featuring built-in decoders and remote controls.
- 2001 - Established production center in Shenzhen, China
- 2003 - Dominated speaker market in China with >50% market share.
- 2004 - Debut Edifier "Lifestyle" range of home entertainment speakers
- 2005 - Debut compact speakers for laptops and MP3 players
- 2007 - Headquarters relocates to Shenzhen with continued operations in Beijing. Edifier begins design and planning for additional manufacturing facility in Dongguan.
- February 5, 2010 - Edifier launched its Initial public offering becoming the first public listed audio speaker company in China
- August, 2010 - Edifier's new manufacturing facility in Dongguan is ready. All production lines are relocated to the facility.
- 2011 - Established the Edifier Music Foundation. Through the foundation, aspiring musicians receive scholarships to cover costs for tuition, instruments, professional exchange, competitions, recitals and concerts.
- March, 2011 - 100% acquisition of STAX, a Japanese electrostatic earspeaker company
- 2013 - Edifier debuts portable speakers with the MP260 Bric Connect. Today, Edifier has a mix of portable bluetooth speakers.
- 2014 - Edifier debuts the Luna series of home theatre speakers.
- 2015 - Edifier released its Soundbars with subwoofer for home entertainment.