Screenshot of version 0.6.77
|Initial release||June 16, 2007|
|Stable release||Non [±]|
|Preview release||0.7.20 (January 5, 2013[±])|
|Available in||24 languages|
Editra is a cross-platform, open-source text editor, released under a wxWindows license. It is written by Cody Precord in Python, and it was first publicly released in June 2007. As of November 2011 the project is in alpha development phase, but "stable" builds are available for download. Editra has gained notability for being a text editor incorporated in Ren'py.
Editra supports features commonly found in other programmer-style text editors. It also supports:
- auto-completion/calltips (Python, C, XML)
- column edit mode
- command mode
- dockable customizable interface
- drag-and-drop (tabs/file opening/text)
- export to build-wxpython.py --build_dir=../bld/LaTeX/Rtf
- edit remote files (FTPEdit plugin)
- editable user profiles
- extensible with plugins
- integrated Python shell (PyShell plugin)
- language keyword helper
- line bookmarking
- line edit commands (join, transpose, etc.)
- multiple (synchronized) views of the same file
- source control management (project plugin)
- syntax highlighting (60+ languages)
- Unicode support
- vi keybinding support
- zoom in/out
- Purdy, Kevin. "Editra Brings Code-Friendly Editing to All Platforms".
- "Editra: A Powerful & Expandable Cross-Platform Text & Code Editor".
- "Editra - Open Source Alternative - osalt.com". www.osalt.com.
- "Supported languages — Pygments". pygments.org.
- "Editra Download".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Editra.|