This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||New York, United States|
|Years active||1997–2000, 2005, 2009, 2011-2012|
|Labels||Moon Ska Records|
|Associated acts||The Reunion Show|
Together from 1997 to 2000, their studio albums include Before You Knew Better (1998) and The Elements of Transition (1999), both released on Moon Ska Records. The video for their song "Veronica Sawyer" received some airplay on the MTV show 120 Minutes. The band toured with bands such as The Toasters, Catch 22, Mustard Plug, Reel Big Fish, and Less Than Jake.
After their 2000 tour with Rx Bandits and The Gadjits, the band decided to split in order to pursue other interests. Singer Brian Diaz went on to form The Reunion Show with ex-members of Step Lively and The Lightweights. Trombonist Ian McKenzie continued to play with Catch 22. Bass player Kris Baldwin did some session work for Epic Records and then recorded and played with Action Action. As of 2010, Kris Baldwin works in visual effects for a leading 3D film conversion company in San Diego, California. In the beginning of April 2005, the members of Edna's Goldfish reunited to play a cancer benefit concert at the Crazy Donkey, in Farmingdale, New York, for a friend of the band who had cancer.
In November 2011, Connecticut's Asbestos Records and Chicago's Underground Communiqué Records launched a fundraiser together on Kickstarter to release "Before You Knew Better" on vinyl, among other third-wave ska classics from Pilfers, The Pietasters, and Suburban Legends. If the funding goal is met by January 18, 2012, the records were due to be released later that year. The track "Better Days" is included as a bonus track on this release.
- Brian Diaz - vocals
- David A. Galea - trumpet
- Gary Henderson - trumpet
- Vincent McAuliffe - guitar
- Michael Warner - drums, vocals
- Tom Comerford - trombone
- Kristopher Baldwin - bass
- David Ringel - bass (1997–1999)
- Dave Sacrastano - bass (1997)
- Jon Middleman - bass (2 songs on "Before You Knew Better")
- Dave Waldo - keyboards ("Veronica Sawyer" off of "Elements of Transition")
- Matt Holmgren - trombone
- Ian McKenzie - trombone(replaced Tom Comerford, who was originally in the band, before leaving for Catch22)
- Dave Soloman - Trombone for the reunion/benefit show
- "Edna's Goldfish : Listen and Stream Free Music, Albums, New Releases, Photos, Videos". Myspace.com. Retrieved 13 September 2020.
- Ambrose, Anthony. "inTuneMusic Online: Bamboozle Day 1 @ East Rutherford 5/2". Archived from the original on 2009-06-17. Retrieved 2009-06-09.
- "The 3rd Wave SKA Preservation Society Vinyl Reissue Project!". Kickstarter.com. Retrieved 13 September 2020.