He was born on 8 December 1871 and educated at Highgate and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. Ordained in 1894 he was successively Assistant Chaplain and Vice Principal of St Paul’s Divinity School, Allahabad, Principal of Jay Narayan’s School, Benares, Secretary of the CMS(Indian Group) and Canon of Lucknow before his elevation to the Episcopate as the 3rd Bishop of Tinnevelly. In 1923 he was translated to Madras where he served for a further 18 years. He died on 16 May 1942.
- Who was Who 1897-1990, London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- Trayes, F. E. A, Biographical History of Gonville and Caius College: vol 3 Admissions for 1891 to 1902, Cambridge, CUP, 1948
- "Waller, Edward Henry Mansfield (WLR890EH)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- Chatterton, E., A History of the Church of England in India Since the Early Days of the East India Company, London: SPCK, 1924
- Crockford's Clerical Directory1940-41 Oxford, OUPOUP,1941
- The Times, Wednesday, 27 August 1941; pg. 7; Issue 49015; col G Ecclesiastical News Bishop Of Madras To Resign
|Church of England titles|
Arthur Acheson Williams
|Bishop of Tinnevelly
1915 – 1922
Norman Henry Tubbs
|Bishop of Madras
1923 – 1941
Arthur Michael Hollis