This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Egor Sergeyevich Lavrov (Russian: Его́р Серге́евич Лавро́в; born June 4, 1981) is a Russian entrepreneur who made his fortune in Internet-related projects, political PR, and a number of businesses in the United States and Latin America.
He finished school in Prague and came back to Moscow during a period of rising interest in the Internet in Russia. He later joined Plekhanov Institute of the National Economy and started his own business at the same time.
Early political and business career
Larov's first business was the first Internet-related magazine in Russia called Planeta Internet. It was later sold to Smolensky Bank who paid about 2 million dollars to Lavrov when he was just 16 years old.
Lavrov's next step in business was the GFX Advertisement Company that later was acquired by the "Plaza Group" and transformed to "PLAZA Internet" that was a base for Internet projects of Egor Lavrov and Umar Dzhabrailov such as "obozrenie.ru" and "fuck.ru".
Currently Lavrov lives in the Dominican Republic, while also operates businesses in Miami, Florida, United States; Guayaquil, Ecuador; Caracas, Venezuela; Madrid, Spain; Panama City, Panama; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Pétion-Ville, Haiti; and Lima, Peru.
Lavrov owns "Grupo Lavrov", a company that owns:
- "Friends Around": Geo-Aware Mobile Social Network - https://web.archive.org/web/20100926080047/http://friendsaround.com/
- Zila Networks - http://zilanetworks.com/
- Karma World - http://www.karmaworldllc.com/
- "Pravda Group"
- "Russian Standard Group" - a company that distributes Apple, Inc. in Latin American market.
- "LUX.SET" - construction company in the Dominican Republic.
- "LUX.CELL" - a company that distributes Vertu brand in the Latin American market.
- "ELFA" - financial advising company for the private investors in the Dominican Republic.
- "ELPA" - PR advising, political campaigns, Internet advertisement. So far a President of the Dominican Republic Leonel Fernández enjoyed the support of the "ELPA" during the last presidential campaign in the country, as well as a current Member of Parliament Gerardo Bogaert.
- Tattoolizator.com - A project inviting people to design and select a tattoo to be placed on Egor Lavrov's hand.
- ParagonCoin – US-based startup that teamed-up with ICOBox and got the funds using ICO mechanism. In 2018, SEC initiated a Federal class-action lawsuit against Paragon Coin.
Jessica Versteeg (The Iowa Beauty Queen) is the wife of Egor Lavrov.
- Gessen, Masha (5 October 2003). "Rich Russians are spending as if there's no tomorrow--which many say there won't be". usnews.com. Retrieved 28 July 2008.
- "Egor Lavrov". 100thousandclub.com. 2008. Archived from the original on 2 August 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2008.
- Кто купит скандальное доменное имя? (in Russian). clickz.ru. Archived from the original on January 18, 2005. Retrieved 28 July 2008.
- "Mr Umar DZHABRAILOV". Council of Europe. 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2008.
- "Pravda Sushi Bar & Lounge-About" (in Spanish). Archived from the original on June 10, 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2008.
- "Tattoolizator - FAQ". 2008. Archived from the original on 29 July 2008. Retrieved 28 July 2008.
- "Blockchain Startup Paragon Bets $100M Cannabis Supply Chain Will Tokenise". Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "ICO Analysis: Paragon". Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Federal Class Action Lawsuits Against ICOs Are Set To Double". Retrieved 19 August 2018.