This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Einherjer (Frode Glesnes, Gerhard Storesund and Aksel Herløe) in 2013.
|Years active||1993–2004; 2008–present|
|Labels||Napalm, Century Media, Native North, Tabu, Indie|
Einherjer is a Viking metal band from Haugesund, Norway, founded in 1993. Some of the band's albums are heavily folk influenced, while others have a more traditional symphonic black metal sound. Their lyrics retell Norse legends, and each of their albums has its own theme. The band split up in early 2004 after releasing the album Blot in December 2003, but later reformed.
In December 2004, all members of Einherjer's last lineup, including the band's founders Frode Glesnes and Gerhard Storesund, founded the thrash metal band Battered together with bass guitarist Ole Moldesæther.
In September 2008, Einherjer announced that they would reunite to do some selected shows across Europe in 2009, including the Ragnarök, Kaltenbach and Wacken festivals. The band signed with Indie Recordings in December 2010; a new album was released in September 2011.
- Frode Glesnes (previously Grimar) – guitar, vocals (1993–2004, 2008–)
- Gerhard Storesund (previously Ulvar) – drums, keyboards (1993–2004, 2008–)
- Aksel Herløe – guitar (also bass guitar on Blot) (1999–2004, 2008–)
- Rune Bjelland (previously Nidhogg) – vocals (1993–97)
- Audun Wold (previously Thonar) – bass guitar, keyboards, guitar (1993–97)
- Stein Sund – bass guitar (1996–97, 1999)
- Ragnar Vikse – vocals (1997–2000)
- Erik Elden – bass guitar (1998)
Session and touring musicians
- Dragons of the North (1996)
- Odin Owns Ye All (1998)
- Norwegian Native Art (2000, re-released in 2005)
- Blot (2003)
- Norrøn (2011)
- Av oss, for oss (2014)
- Dragons of the North XX (2016, Re-recording of 1996 album)
- Norrøne Spor (2018)
- Aurora Borealis / Leve vikingånden (2013)