El Mar de Lucas
|This article does not cite any sources. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|El mar de Lucas|
|Directed by||Víctor Laplace|
|Produced by||Víctor Laplace|
|Written by||Víctor Laplace
|Music by||Damián Laplace|
|Edited by||César Custodio
|Distributed by||Primer Plano Film Group|
The films tells of father, Juan Denevi (Victor Laplace), who gets the surprise of his life on his fiftieth birthday when he finds out that he's become a grandfather. The movie opens in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Juan is cooking individual personal favorite dishes for his friends, the patrons of his restaurant.
A young woman named Manuela (Virginia Innocentti) appears with a 3-year-old boy (Lucas) and announces that Lucas is Juan's grandson. Juan hasn't seen his son Facundo (Pablo Rago) for many years, and during this time, Facundo has married and had a son.
Facundo's wife and son find Juan at his birthday party and beg him to come help Facundo with a family crisis.
- Víctor Laplace as Juan Denevi
- Pablo Rago as Facundo Denevi
- Virginia Innocenti as Manuela
- Ana María Picchio as Clara
- Betiana Blum as Ana
- Rodolfo Ranni as Rolo
- Ulises Dumont as Nacho
- Lautaro Penella as Lucas Denevi
- Norberto Díaz as Secretario del intendente
- Adolfo Yanelli as Carlitos
- David Di Napoli as Martillero
- Pía Uribelarrea as Silvia
- Óscar Guzmán as Lalo
- Antonio Bax as Pedro
- Eugenia Tobal as Marisa
- Mar del Plata Film Festival: Special Mention, Víctor Laplace, for a first work; 1999.
- Cartagena Film Festival: Golden India Catalina, Best Screenplay, Víctor Laplace; 2000.
- Cartagena Film Festival: Golden India Catalina, Best Film, Víctor Laplace; 2000.
- Argentine Film Critics Association Awards: Silver Condor, Best First Film, Víctor Laplace; Best Supporting Actress, Virginia Innocenti; 2001.