- Elektor (ἠλέκτωρ) is also an ancient Greek name or epithet of the Sun, see Helios.
|Company||Elektor International Media|
|Language||English, German, Dutch, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese|
Elektor, also known as Elektor Magazine, is a monthly magazine about all aspects of electronics, originally published in the Netherlands as Elektronica Wereld in 1961 and latterly Elektuur in 1964, and now published worldwide in many languages including English, German, Dutch, French, Greek (September 1982 to May 2008), Spanish, Swedish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian) and Italian with distribution in over 50 countries. The English language edition of Elektor was launched in 1975 and is read worldwide.
Elektor (in Dutch: Elektuur, in Greek: ελέκτορ) was founded in 1960 by the Dutch Bob W. van der Horst. It was and still is a leading publisher with a vast loyal group of readers around the world. Not only hobbyists but also professionals.
Elektor publishes a vast range of electronic projects, background articles and designs aimed at engineers, enthusiasts, students and professionals. To help readers build featured projects, Elektor also offer PCBs (printed circuit boards) of many of their designs, as well as kits and modules. If the project employs a microcontroller and/or PC software, as is now often the case, Elektor normally supply the source code and files free of charge via their website. Most PCB artwork is also available from their website.
Elektor also publishes books, CDs and DVDs about audio, microprocessors, software, programming languages and general purpose electronics.
In December 2009, Elektor announced that for the American market a strategic cooperation would be entered with Steve Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar magazine In 2014, Circuit Cellar magazine separated from Elektor.
The English edition of Elektor is distributed in North America (USA and Canada) with ISSN 1947-3753 and in the UK and elsewhere with ISSN 1757-0875. The German issue has ISSN 0932-5468 (CODEN ELKRCM).
- Elektor TV Games Computer
- Elektor Junior Computer
- Wolfgang Back (former translator of the German Elektor edition)
- "Elektor - Learn, Design & Share electronics". Retrieved 2020-10-25.
- Mike Tooley (7 November 2019). Electronic Circuits: Fundamentals and Applications. CRC Press. pp. 495–. ISBN 978-1-00-073364-8.
- Roni Jo Draper; Paul Broomhead; Amy Peterson Jensen; Daniel Siebert, Jeffrey D. Nokes (18 April 2015). (Re)Imagining Content-Area Literacy Instruction. Teachers College Press. pp. 169–. ISBN 978-0-8077-7133-4.
- Nick Collins; Nicholas Collins; Julio d'Escrivan; Julio d' Escrivan Rincón (9 November 2017). The Cambridge Companion to Electronic Music. Cambridge University Press. pp. 240–. ISBN 978-1-107-13355-6.
- "Ελληνική έκδοση του ΕΛΕΚΤΟΡ". Archived from the original on 2020-09-27. Retrieved 2020-09-27.
- "A Handshake and a Future". Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- "BIG DEAL: Elektor & Circuit Cellar". Archived from the original on 2011-05-30. Retrieved 2010-02-03.